當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 關於天氣的趣味俚語表達

關於天氣的趣味俚語表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.01W 次

ing-bottom: 100%;">關於天氣的趣味俚語表達

1. Raining cats and dogs

1.傾盆大雨

pouring, raining very heavily

傾盆大雨


Where are you.going, can’t you see it’s raining cats and dogs? You’ll get soaked in a minute if you go out now.

你要去哪裏,你看不到下着傾盆大雨嗎?如果你現在出去的話,一分鐘內你就會全身溼透的。


They didn’t go to the theme park because it was raining cats and dogs almost all day.

他們沒有去主題公園,因爲幾乎一整天都在下雨。


2. Face like thunder

2.火冒三丈

being clearly very angry or upset

火冒三丈


I don’t know what was happening, I just saw that a man with a face like thunder was chasing a little boy out of the grocer’s shop.

我不知道發生了什麼事,我只是看到一個火冒三丈的男人正在從雜貨店追一個小男孩。


She didn’t say anything but her face was like thunder; she slammed the door as she left, and we haven’t seen her ever since.

她什麼也沒說,但她火冒三丈;她離開時砰地關上了門,從此我們再也沒見過她了。


3. Storm in a teacup

3.小題大做

exaggerating a problem, anger or worry about something unimportant

誇大問題或擔憂,小題大做


Their debate was only a storm in a teacup – actually neither of them took the problem too serious.

他們的辯論不過是小題大做而已——事實上,他們兩人都沒有把問題看得太嚴肅。


The reports about the demonstration are a storm in a teacup – there wasn’t as much violence there as they say.

關於示威遊行的報道簡直是小題大做——那裏沒有他們所說的那麼多暴力。


4. Chase rainbows

4.癡人說夢

waste time trying to achieve something impossible

形容一個人淨想好事,而且是不太可能的事。


My wife never believed I would make it as an executive manager; she always thought I was just chasing rainbows.

我妻子從不相信我會成爲一名執行經理;她總是認爲我只是在癡人說夢。


Can’t you see you’re only chasing rainbows? There’s no way to get this girl marry you.

難道你看不到你只是在癡人說夢嗎?這個根本不會女孩嫁給你。


5. Lightning fast

5.快如閃電

extremely fast

非常快


I don’t think we can keep up with him, he’s got a lightning fast bike.

我想我們跟不上他,他有一輛閃電般快的自行車。


The robbery lasted only a minute, and then the robbers disappeared in a lightning fast car.

搶劫只持續了一分鐘,然後強盜消失在一輛閃電般快速的汽車裏。


6. head in the clouds

6.胡思亂想

having unrealistic or impractical ideas, daydreaming

有不切實際或不切實際的想法,白日夢


Is your sister in love? I see her walking around all day with her head in the clouds.

你妹妹戀愛了嗎?我看見她整天在那走來走去,胡思亂想。


You have your head in the clouds if you think Mary will come to your birthday party after the nasty things you’ve done to her.

如果你認爲瑪麗會在你對她所做的壞事之後參加你的生日聚會,那你就大錯特錯了。


7. Snowed under

7.手頭繁忙

having too much to do

要做的事太多


I’d love to help you, but I’m completely snowed under at the moment.

我很樂意幫助你,但我現在完全被雪覆蓋了。


Could you come over and fix the tap in the bathroom? But of course, only if you aren’t snowed under, it’s not so urgent.

你能來浴室修理一下水龍頭嗎?但是當然,如果你不忙的時候再來,不是很緊急。


8. Under the weather

8.心情不好或身體不適

ill, sick, feeling unwell, sad or lacking energy

生病,感覺不舒服、悲傷或缺乏活力


Do you mind if I stay out of work today? I’m feeling under the weather, I may have the flu.

你介意我今天不上班嗎?我感覺不舒服,我可能得了流感。


I heard you were ill yesterday. Are you feeling better now or are you still under the weather?

我聽說你昨天病了。你現在感覺好點了還是還不舒服?