當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第774期:請假的多種表達

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第774期:請假的多種表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.55K 次

實用句子

ing-bottom: 70.63%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第774期:請假的多種表達


He took Monday off.

他星期一休息。


He is on annual leave.

他休年假去了。


I'm taking a few days off next week, the kids are off school.

下週我要請幾天假,孩子們放假了。


Why don't you.take a day of sick leave?

你爲什麼不請一天病假呢?


I'm asking for a three-day personal leave, because my wife is giving birth.

因爲我太太要生了,我要請三天假。


You may have one month of paid-holiday every year.

你每年有一個月的帶薪假期。


劃重點


take+星期/天數 off

請...假

比如:"take Tuesday off"就是“星期二請假”,那"take three days off"就是“請三天假”


be on annual leave

處在修年假的過程中

I'm on my annual leave, call me if you need me.

我在修年假中,有事情給我打電話。


paid holiday

帶薪休假

I will give you one-month of paid holiday and you can have enough time to think about it. You need relax.

我給你一個月的帶薪假期,你可以有足夠的事件來思考。


經典對話


A: Have you finished going through the contract?

你看完合同了嗎?

go through表示“瀏覽”


B: Yes, but I have a few questions for you.

看完了,不過我有幾個問題要問你。


A: Okay, ask anyway.

好,你問。


B: First, I'd like to know if you offer employees sick leave?

首先,我想知道你們這裏有沒有爲員工提供病假?


A: Employees can take up to 10 days of sick leave per year. However, in order to get paid, you will have to bring in a note from the doctors.

有,員工每年有十天病假。不過如果不想扣工資的話,最好找醫生開假條。


B: Even if I'm only sick for one day?

即使我只生病一天也要開嗎?


A: That's correct.

沒錯。


B: That's pretty strict, if you ask me.

如果你問我意見的話,我覺得這條規定太嚴苛了。


A: Well, we've had to add that to the contract because we found that many of our employees were taking almost one day a month, even though they weren't sick.

嗯,我們必須要把這條寫進合同。因爲以前我們這兒有很多員工即使沒有生病,也幾乎每月都要修一次病假。


B: I see. I guess that makes sense.

我懂了,你們這樣做確實有道理。

make sense表示“有道理;講得通”


A: Do you have any other questions?

你還有其他問題嗎?


B:Yes. Maternity leave is mentioned in the contract, but there's nothing in the contract about paternity leave. Do you offer anything to fathers?

有,合同裏涉及了產假,可是沒有提到父親假,公司有沒有爲新父親們提供假期?

be mentioned in...表示“有在...被涉及/提到”


A: We do actually. We can add that as an amendment to your contract.

有的。我們可以把這一條作爲補充條款寫進你的合同。

amendment表示“修正案;修改”


B: How many days of paternity leave do you offer?

你們提供多少天的父親假期?


A: Men are allowed to take ten days of paternity leave for their first child.

男性員工有十天假期。

be allowed to...表示“被允許...”比如“你被允許吃完飯抽根菸”翻譯爲“You are allowed to smoke after the meal”。那“不被允許做”就是“be not allowed to”


B: Why are women allowed so much more time for maternity leave?

爲什麼女性的產假比這要多的多呢?


A: Well, women are the ones giving birth. I think it's fair to give them more time, don't you?

女性要經歷生產過程,我覺得給她們更多時間休息很合理,你不覺得嗎?


B: I guess so. I don't have any other questions. Should I sign here then?

合理,我沒有其他問題了,是在這兒簽字嗎?


A: Yes, please.

是的,請籤吧。