當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:他悄悄爲鄰桌付了400美元的賬單!

雙語美文:他悄悄爲鄰桌付了400美元的賬單!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.63W 次

Today, a man alone at the restaurant I work at

padding-bottom: 78.13%;">雙語美文:他悄悄爲鄰桌付了400美元的賬單!

我在一家餐廳工作,今天,有一位獨身前來的男客


took care of a bill for a party of 17 next to him

爲鄰桌17個人的聚餐買了賬單


that was mostly kids and 5 or 6 adults.

那座客人中大多數都是孩子,只有五六個成年人


He was not in my section

他並沒有坐在我負責的區域 


but I figured I’d help out my coworker

但我還是決定去幫一把負責那個區域的同事


and see if he wanted to pay

去看看他是否想要買單


since she was very busy.

因爲那時她非常忙


I asked if he was ready for the bill after his meal

我問那位客人,他是否準備結賬買單了 


and he said "Can you keep a secret?

他對我說,“你能幫我保守一個祕密嗎?


Give me that tables bill

請把那一座的賬單也交給我


and don’t tell them until I leave that I paid it

"並且,請在我離開之後再告訴他們,我已經結過賬了


I was taken aback

男人的話讓我大吃一驚 


because I knew their bill had come out to $400+.

因爲我知道那一桌的費用高達400多美元 


I asked him if he was sure

我問他,您確定要這樣嗎


and he just asked me to bring it.

他說,你拿來就是了


I brought his bill and the other tables bill

我把兩份賬單都拿來交給了男人


and he just handed me his credit card

他只是把信用卡遞給了我


without even looking at the bills.

甚至沒有看一眼賬單


He had no clue how big either of the checks were.

對兩份賬單到底需要多少錢,他一無所知


He ended up leaving a $100 tip on the $400 bill and a $20 tip on his $50 bill.

最後,男人不僅支付了400美元的賬單,還另付了100美元的小費;對他自己的那份50美元的賬單,他也留下了20美元的小費


 Before leaving, he asked me to do him one favor:

離開之前,他請我幫他一個忙 


tell the adults at the table

讓我轉告那一桌的大人 


to please teach their kids to do one act of random kindness a day.

請他們教導孩子們,每天都要做一件小小的好事


He walked out

男人說完就走了


and the party was absolutely shocked by what had happened when they later found out.

那桌的一衆人隨後才知道發生了什麼,他們都震驚不已


Made my entire week.

一整個星期以來,想到這件事,都讓我感到幸福