迷你對話學地道口語第1988期:忙得經常不在家
情景對話
A: you.see, my brother is on-the-go all the time.
你看,我弟弟整天不在家。
B: Why don't you stop him?
為什麼你們不阻止他呢?
A: My parents couldn't control him.
我父母管不了他。
B: You should have a try. Perhaps he will listen to you.
你應該試一試,也許他會聽你的話。
一, 詞海拾貝
on-the-go
exp. busy or occupied. (經常不在家,經常出去)
e.g. The expectation that you are always on-the-go prevents me from writing to you.
我認為你經常不在家,所以沒有寫信給你。
e.g. I was disappointed at finding her on-the-go.
我發現她經常不在家,感到很失望。
e.g. Their parents were on-the-go so the babysitter was in charge of the kids.
他們的父母很忙,經常不在家,因此保姆負責照顧孩子們。
二, 語彙積累
have a try:試一試
e.g. I may be no good, but at least let me have a try.
我也許失敗,但至少得讓我去試試。
e.g. It doesn't matter we have a try.
我們試試也沒關係呀。
三, 口語短句
中:我管不了他。
譯:I cannot control him.