就職:Making Promises 做出承諾
28. Making Promises
28.做出承諾
A: I know a lot of you have been working double shifts lately.
A:我知道最近你們當中的很多人都在雙班輪流。
B: Yes, we have.
B:是的,我們是這樣的。
A: I am pleased to say that we have hired some help.
A:我很高興的告訴你們我們已經招了一些人。
B: Alright! That's great. When do they start?
B:好的!太棒了。他們什麼時候開始上班。
A: One person will start next week. The others will follow.
A:一個在下週開始。其他人隨後就來。
B: Only one? You promised more help last week.
B:只有一個人?你上週承諾説會有更多幫助。
A: I know I did, but the search has taken longer than I thought.
A:我知道我説股,但這種招人花的時間比我想象中要長。
B: Oh, no. That's terrible.
B:噢,不是吧。太糟糕了。
A: Don't worry. I promise you all, I'll get some help.
A:別擔心。我向大家保證,我會得到一些幫助的。
B: Okay, thanks. These 16-hour days are killing us.
B:好的,謝謝。這樣工作16個小時的日子快要累死我們了。
A: Help is on the way. I promise.
A:援助馬上就到。我保證。
B: That's good enough for us.
B:這對我們來説就夠了。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載