跟艾米莉一起學口語 第725期:禮貌勸告
I suggest
I think
I don't think you.should...
You should..(否定在後面加not)
You ought to..
You'd better..(否定在後面加not)
I suggest you keep early hours from now on.
我建議你現在開始早睡早起。
A: Are you feeling better today, Steven?
史蒂芬,你今天感覺好點了嗎?
B: Much better. But I am still coughing at night.
好多了,就是晚上睡覺的時候還會咳嗽。
A: You should take advice from your doctor to quit smoking. It's bad for your health.
你應該聽取醫生的建議,把煙戒掉,它很不利於你恢復健康。
B: It doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll be all right in a few days. Just like I got sick last time, I still got better even if I smoke.
沒關係,我相信過幾天我的病就會好了。我上一次生病,即使我吸煙也不照樣好了。
A: That's because you weren't seriously ill last time. But this time, the doctor has made it clear to you not to smoke.
那是因為你上次病的不嚴重,但這次醫生已經明確給你建議,讓你不要吸煙。
B: Easier said than done. I'm a heavy smoker and it's really hard for me to quit smoking now.
説的容易做着難。我是老煙民了,現在戒煙對我來説真的很困難。
A: Not that hard. You can make it if you make up your mind.
並沒有那麼難,只要你下定決心,就一定能成功的。
B: Actually, I tried it a long time ago, but it all ended in failure.
其實我很早以前就是過了,但都以失敗告終。
A: But this time is different. You're working for your health. You have a goal.
但這次不一樣啊,你是在為了你的健康而努力,你有了目標。
B: But you know, I often stay up late and smoking keeps me awake.
但你知道的,我經常熬夜,吸煙能讓我保持清醒。
A: Why didn't you go to bed earlier?
你為什麼不早點睡呢?
B: I've been busy with a project recently. And one week is the deadline. I have to finish it during this time.
最近我忙於一個項目,還有一個星期就是截止時間了,我必須在這段時間內完成。
A: You will have plenty of time after this, so you'd better go to bed and get up early by then.
忙完這段時間,你的時間就很充足了,所以你最好還是早睡早起吧。
B: You are right. I should change my habits. I'll give it a try. Thank you.
説得對,我是應該改改我的習慣了,我會試試的,謝謝你。
A: I hope you can get better soon and quit smoking successfully.
希望你能夠儘快好起來,並且成功戒煙。