英語口語萬能句典 第24期:請求
請求
Please.
麻煩你。
A:More tea,please.
麻煩你,再來點茶。
B:Yes.sir.
好的,先生。
May I have a word with you?
可以和你談談嗎?
A: May I have a word with you?
可以和你談談嗎?
B: I'm very busy. Please make the long story short.
我很忙,請長話短說。
have a word with“與…談談”
Could you spare me a few minutes?= Could I have a moment?= Do you have a minute?
可否借我幾分鐘?
spare v. 抽出,讓給
Would you turn down the stereo?
請把音量關小一點,好嗎?
stereo n. 立體聲音響
turn down“降低,減弱”
I'm begging you.
求求你。
A:I can't help you now.
我現在沒法幫你忙。
B:I'm begging you.
求求你。
beg v. 請求,乞求
Please.I really need your help.
拜託,我真的需要你的幫助。
A:Please,I really need your help.
拜託,我真的需要你的幫助。
B: I can't. Don't give me a hard time.
我沒辦法,不要為難我。
求助時,要有禮貌,please這個詞無論在什麼場合都不會顯得多餘。
You could give him a hand.
你總可以幫他一把。
A: You could give him a hand.
你總可以幫他一把。
B:But I can't see why.
我覺得沒必要。
give sb.a hand“幫助某人”
Could you tell me your telephone number?
你能告訴我你的電話號碼嗎?
A: Could you tell me your telephone number?
你能告訴我你的電話號碼嗎?
B:Yes, of course.
當然可以。
May I ask you a favor.= Can you do me a favor?= Will you do me a favor?
可否請你幫個忙?
A:May I ask you a favor?
可否請你幫個忙?
B:Sure. What's it?
好啊,什麼事?
favor n. 協助,支援,厚愛,恩惠
I'll regard it as a favor if you could come.
如果你能來,我將不勝感激。
A: I'll regard it as a favor if you could come.
如果你能來,我將不勝感激。
B: I'd be delighted to if I'm free.
如有時間我很樂意去。
regard as“把…看作”
I'd like you to call me tomorrow= Would you call me tomorrow?
希望你明天可以打電話給我。
Wait for a moment, please.= Wait one minute, please= Wait one moment, please= Wait a minute, please.= Wait a second, please.
請稍等一會兒。
I'd appreciate it if you could attend your party.
如果你能參加我們的晚會,我將不勝感激。
A: I'd appreciate it if you could attend our party.
如果你能參加我們的晚會,我將不勝感激。
B: Thanks for your invitation. I'll be there on time.
謝謝你的邀請。我會準時到的。
appreciate v. 賞識,感激
Do you mind if I ask you a favor?= May I ask you a favor?= Would you please do me a favor?
你能幫我一個忙嗎?
Would you please help me type it?
你能幫我把它列印出來嗎?
A:Would you please help me type it?
你能幫我把它打印出來嗎?
B:My pleasure.
很樂意。
Could I trouble you to shut the door?= Would you mind shutting the door?
能麻煩您關一下門嗎?
Will you pass ne the notebook, please?= Can you hand me the notebook, please?= May I have the notebook, please?
能把筆記本遞給我嗎?
pass sb. sth.“遞給某人某物”
Could I be excused?
我可以走開了嗎?
A:Could I be excused?
我可以走開了嗎?
B: Wait for a moment.I have something to talk with you.
等一下。我有事跟你說。
I wonder iff you could post something for me.
我想知道你是否能幫我郵寄點東西。
A: I wonder if you could post something for me.
我想知道你是否能幫我郵寄點東西。
B: I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't today.
對不起,恐怕今天不行。
I wonder後面一般接"if"或者"whether"來表示“我想知道是否…”。
Can I bring something?
我可以帶點東西去嗎?
Do I need to bring anything?
我要帶什麼東西去嗎?
Do you have time?= Do you have a minute?
能耽誤你幾分鐘嗎?
Would you object if I turn off the radio?
我把收音機關掉你不反對吧?
A:Would you object if I turn off the radio?
我把收音機關掉你不反對吧?
B:No. It's noisy.
不反對。太吵了。
object v. 反對
turn off“關掉”
I beg your pardon?= Pardon?
請再說一遍好嗎?
Pardon,please.
請再說一遍。
這句話要以升調來讀,如果用降調的話,所表達的意思是“我請求你原諒我”。
I wonder if you could move the desk for me.= Would you be so kind as to move the desk for me?
我想知道您是否能幫我搬一下桌子。
I awonder if you'd mind my playing the piano.
不知您是否介意我彈鋼琴?
A: I wonder if you'd mind my playing the piano.
不知您是否介意我彈鋼琴?
B: Oh, no. Go ahead, please.
哦,不。你彈吧。
go ahead。坐吧,幹吧,說吧,進行吧”
“演奏樂器”的表達法應為“play+ the+樂器名”,“the”不可以省略。
Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
您能從心裡原諒我嗎?
I beg your forgiveness.
我懇求您寬恕我。
forgive v. 原諒,寬恕
May I ask you something?= Could I ask you a question, please?
我可以請教您下嗎?
Let's have a little talk.
我們談一會兒吧。
A: Let's have a little talk.
我們談一會兒吧。
B:What's it about?
談什麼?
May I use your phone?
能借用一下電話嗎?
A: May I use your phone?
能借用一下電話嗎?
B:Sure. Go ahead.
可以,請用吧。