美語情景對話 第201期:高中 High School
Todd: OK, Sophie, we're going to talk about high school. What was high school like?
託德:好的,蘇菲,我們要談高中生活。你的高中生活是什麼樣的?Sophie: It was great. Lots of fun. Lots of friends. Learned quite a bit at school.
蘇菲:非常棒。有許多樂趣。我也交了許多朋友。在學校學到了很多東西。Todd: So, what did you study in high school?
託德:那你在高中時學了什麼?
Sophie: I studied mainly sciences actually.
蘇菲:實際上我主要學習了科學知識。Todd: Oh, really!
託德:哦,真的嗎!Sophie: Biology.
蘇菲:生物。Todd: Did you study science in college?
託德:你在大學學科學了嗎?Sophie: Yes! Oh, No! I didn't. I went on to do a bachelor of technology.
蘇菲:當然!哦,不,我沒學。我之後學的是技術學士的學位。Todd: Oh, really. Well, that's kind of similar.
託德:哦,這樣啊。嗯,那有點相似。Sophie: Kind of similar. Related.
蘇菲:有點相似。有點相關。Todd: OK, what did you do in high school? Any clubs or anything?
託德:好,你在高中都做了什麼?參加社團了嗎或其他的什麼活動了嗎?Sophie: Yeah, I did rowing for the school. I played basketball, played tennis, was on the swimming team.
蘇菲:參加了,我參加了學校的賽艇俱樂部。我打籃球、打網球、還參加了游泳隊。Todd: Wow, you're quite athletic. What sport did you like the most?
託德:哇哦,你真是個運動健將。你最喜歡哪種運動?Sophie: Rowing.
蘇菲:賽艇。Todd: Rowing. Do you still row?
託德:賽艇。你現在還有進行賽艇運動嗎?Sophie: No, unfortunately not.
蘇菲:沒有了,很可惜。Todd: Really!
託德:是嗎!Sophie: Would like to.
蘇菲:我很想堅持的。Todd: Do you think you'll pick it up some time in the future?
託德:你認為未來某個時候你會重新開始賽艇運動嗎?Sophie: Yeah, maybe, if I'm around a lake or a river.
蘇菲:是的,可能會,如果附近有湖或是河的話。Todd: Yeah! Not too many lakes in Tokyo. Um, anything esle? Any other memories about high school?
託德:哦!不過東京的湖可不多啊。嗯,還有別的嗎?你對高中還有什麼記憶嗎?Sophie: Yeah, lots of parties. It was good.
蘇菲:有,高中時有很多派對。非常好。Todd: Sounds like a good time.
託德:聽起來你高中過得很愉快。Sophie: Yeah!
蘇菲:對啊!重點講解:
1. go on to do sth.
(做完某事後)進而,接著(做另一件事);
eg. Alliss retired from golf in 1969 and went on to become a successful broadcaster...
阿利斯於1969年從高爾夫球界退役,繼而成為一名成功的節目主持人。
eg. She went on to say that she had discussed it with the Canadian foreign minister.
她接著又說她已同加拿大外長就此進行了磋商。
2. pick up
拾起;繼續;重新開始;
eg. But we have to survive, so I have to pick myself up, and then continue my work.
但我們必須活下去,所以我必須鞭策自己繼續做下去。
eg. I want to pick up the confidence and vitality, but they seem to have gone with the wind.
很想奮力的拾起那些自信和活力,可是他們好像已隨風飄逝。
3. anything else
else(用在everyone,everything,everywhere等詞之後)其他的,別的;
eg. As I try to be truthful, I expect everyone else to be truthful.
既然我努力做到誠實,我希望其他所有人也能誠實。
Cigarettes are in short supply, like everything else here.
和其他所有東西一樣,這裡的香菸也供應不足。
eg. We pay less attention to time than to anything else.
我們對時間的不重視超過其他任何事物。