美語情景對話 第122期:生活在愛達荷 Life in Idaho
Todd:OK, so we're here. Do you want to go ahead and introduce yourself to the listener?
好,我們就在這兒。你想走到臺前向聽眾介紹一下你自己嗎?
Roe:OK, my name is Hiroe Hashi. I've lived in America for about seven and a half years. I lived in Italy for two years.
好的,我叫Hiroe Hashi.我在美國住了七年半,在義大利住了兩年。
Todd:Wow! You lived in Italy too.
哇!你還在義大利住過啊!
Roe:Right, right. So all together I've lived in a foreign country for nine and a half years.
是的,是的。所以總共算下來我在國外住了九年半。
Todd:Wow! That's amazing. So did you live in America before you lived in Italy?
哇!太驚人了!那你在義大利住之前就在美國住過嗎?Roe:I was in Italy when I was 9 years old, no actually 7 years old to 9 years old.
9歲就在義大利了,實際上沒到9歲,7歲到9歲之間。Todd:Did you learn Italian?
你學過義大利語嗎?
Roe:A little bit. Basicallyslangs.
一點點。基本的俚語。
Todd:Wow, so then how old were you when you moved to America?
哇,那你搬到美國的時候你多大?
Roe:Yeah, I was 17. I was on a exchange program for when I went to Idaho.
恩我17。在我去愛達荷州的時候我在參加一個交流專案。
Todd:Wow, what did you think when you first got to America?
哇,你第一次到美國的時候感覺怎麼樣?
Roe:OK. I bought new clothing cause my image was like L.A., New York, but it was Idaho, but I didn't know what toexpect, and I got off from the airplane and I said to myself, "Oh, my god!". There was nothing there.
恩。因為我的著裝風格比較像洛杉磯和紐約的,所以我買了新衣服。但我現在要去愛達荷州,我不知道會發生什麼,但在我下飛機的那一刻我對自己說了句:“哦,我的天吶”。這兒什麼都沒有。
Todd:Yeah, so was it flat. Was it flat.
是的,的確很空很平。
Roe:It was flat. I saw, There was...I remember the sun going down cause it was nothing, really nothing: a flat space, 360 degrees, an airport, cowboys.
它是平的。我看見那有……我記得太陽下山就因為那兒什麼都沒有,真的是什麼都沒有。平面空間,360度,一個機場還有牛仔。
Todd:Cowboys!
牛仔!
Roe:Potatoes. Real Cowboys. Spuds.
土豆。真正的牛仔。土豆。
Todd:So Idaho is cowboys and potatoes.
所以愛達荷州就有牛仔和土豆。
Roe:Exactly. That's all. About.
確實是。就是這樣。
Todd:Do you still like potatoes?
你還喜歡土豆嗎?
Roe:I stopped eating spuds since I came back cause I ate it everyday. You go to 31 Ice-cream shop and there they have spuds ice-cream.
自打我回來就沒再吃過土豆,因為那個時候天天吃。你去冰激凌商店的時候,那兒會有土豆冰激凌。
Todd:Wow. So spud means potato.
哇。所以說spud就是土豆。
Roe:Yeah, spud, it's like Idaho English.
是的,土豆,它是愛達荷英語。
Todd:Wow. And how about cowboys. Did you become a real cowboy?
哇,那牛仔呢?你變成一個真正的牛仔了嗎?
Roe:I started to grow my hair, cause if you had short hair, people used to call you like a new-waver, like faggots. It was kind of a little disaster for somebody different to live.
我開始留頭髮了,因為如果你是短頭髮,人們習慣叫你新的動搖者,比如同性戀。收到他人的區別對待對我是一種災難。
Todd:Yeah, for sure, that would be reallyharsh. So tell me about your family.
是的,確實,那太殘酷了。那給我講講你的家庭吧。
Roe:My family! I have two brothers and a sister, and my fatherpassed awaythree years ago and my mom is working.
我的家庭!我有兩個哥哥和一個姐姐,父親三年前就去世了,母親還在工作。
Todd:OK, Do youmissidaho?
好的,你會想念愛達荷州嗎?
Roe:Friends. I've made some best friends in Idaho actually.
會想念朋友。事實上,我在那兒交了好多朋友。
Todd:Really.
真的啊。
Roe:Yeah, actually, I've lived in L.A., Washington State, but Idaho.
是的,確實是,除了愛達荷我還在洛杉磯和華盛頓州住過。
Todd:When is the last time you were in Idaho?
你最後在愛達荷州是什麼時候?
Roe:When I, that's when I finished my program, so a long time ago. 10, wow, 12, 13 years ago.
當我,就是在我完成我專案的時候,所以應該是很久以前,10年,哇,12,13年前吧。
Todd:Wow, that is a long time. OK, and where do you live now?
哇,那是很長一段時間了。好,那你現在住在哪了呢?
Roe:I live in Yokohama.
我住在橫濱。
Todd:Yokohama
橫濱。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。