美語情景對話 第119期:我的寵物狗 My Dog
Todd: Trevor, do you have a dog?
Trevor, 你養狗嗎?Trevor: Yeah, I do have a dog.
是的,我養。Todd: What kind of dog?
是哪種狗呢?
Trevor: My dogs a boxer.
德國鬥拳狗。Todd: A boxer. What does a boxer look like?
鬥拳狗。她長什麼樣啊?Trevor: A boxer is medium size. She's got short hair and a very short stubby nose. And no tail.
中等大小,短毛,塌癟的鼻子,而且還沒有尾巴。Todd: No, tail. Nice. Which do you prefer dogs or cats?
沒有尾巴,那不錯。你更喜歡狗還是貓?Trevor: I'm a dog person. I like dogs.
我喜歡養狗,自然是喜歡狗。Todd: OK. Why?
哦。為什麼會喜歡狗呢?Trevor: Dogs are a man's best friend and they are always loyal.
狗是人類最好的朋友而且他們對人一直很忠誠。Todd: OK. What do you mean loyal? What does loyalty mean?
好的。你所說的忠誠是什麼?忠誠又意味著什麼?Trevor: Oh, they'll stay with you, even through the hard times.
哦,應該是即使在很惡劣的條件下他們仍會陪伴在你左右。Todd: OK. Which breed or kind of dog do you like besides boxers?
好的。除了鬥拳狗你還喜歡哪種狗呢?Trevor: I like labrodors and I like, uh, small terriers.
我喜歡拉布拉多,而且我喜歡那種小型犬。Todd: Small terriers
小型犬?Trevor: Small terriers. A Jack Russell small terrier.
小型犬。傑克羅素梗犬小Todd: What color is a terrier?
什麼顏色的啊?Trevor: Black and white.
黑白相間。Todd: Black and white. All right! --- What are some costs associated with keeping a dog?
黑白相間。好的。那養狗的相關費用有哪些呢?Trevor: Pretty cheap really. You got some vet costs if they get sick and they got to have needles, but food. That's about it really.
真的非常便宜。如果他們生了病你會得到一些獸醫賠付,除了食物他們還可以對狗進行打針治療。就是這些。Todd: OK. Great. All right. Thanks a lot Trevor
好的,太棒了。謝謝你。Trevor: See you later!
一會兒見!注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。