當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 純正地道美語第347期(外教講解):和父母住在一起

純正地道美語第347期(外教講解):和父母住在一起

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.91W 次

Living With Your Parents 和父母住在一起

純正地道美語第347期(外教講解):和父母住在一起

A: Why did your girlfriend break up with you?

爲什麼你女友和你分開了?

B: I don't know, she said she was tired of me not manning up and being more independent, which I think is all a bunch of crap.

我不知道,她說她厭倦我沒有陽剛之氣和不夠獨立,我覺得這些都是胡說八道。

A: Well, you still live with your parents, so she does have a point.

嗯,你還和你的父母住在一起,所以他說的有些道理。

B: What do you mean? Lots of people live with their parents, especially when rent is so expensive and the slump in the economy.

你是什麼意思?很多人都和父母住在一起,特別是如今房租如此地昂貴,經濟衰落。

A: Yeah, but you are almost forty! Plus, you make good money so there is really no excuse. It's simply because you are a momma's boy.

是的,但是你都快40歲了,你賺了很多錢,沒有理由還和父母一起住。其實就是因爲你心智還不成熟。

B: Whatever dude, I have everything I need, why would I move out! Have a great roof over my head, my mom does my laundry and cooks for me, what else could a guy ask for!

哥們,管它呢。我已經有了我需要的,爲什麼我要搬出去呢!我媽媽是我頭頂的一片天,爲我洗衣服做飯,一個男人還能要求什麼呢?

A: Let's agree to disagree.

好吧,我就持保留意見吧。

1. a bunch of crap

a bunch of 一羣;一束;一堆

Miss White receiveda bunch offlowers from her admirer. 懷特小姐收到愛慕者所送的一束花。

I've madea bunch offriends and we party every weekend. 我交了一大羣的朋友,我們每個週末都開派對。

crap n. 廢話;廢物;屎;拉屎 vi. 擲骰子;拉屎

Why do you people still watch thatcrap? 爲什麼你們這些人還看這些狗屁節目?

We shipped a lot ofcrapout of Detroit in our day. 當時我們就曾從底特律把大量劣貨裝運出去。

good money 很賺錢,賺很多錢

Tomake good money, you have to do good business. 要賺大錢,您得經營好您的業務。

Those workersmake good money. Why are they on strike? 這些工人的收入不錯。他們爲什麼要罷工呢?

e to disagree 消除分歧,求同存異;同意各自保留不同意見

You don't have to win every argument.Agree to disagree. 不用爭贏每一場辯論。試着對不同意見表示贊同。

The market, on the other hand, "allows investors toagree to disagree". 另一方面,市場“允許投資人求同存異”。

At this point Chinese and Occidentals mustagree to disagree, for they can never be brought to view the same things in the same light. 中國人和西方人必須有個共識,就是在這一點上,他們不可能達成共識,因爲他們永遠不可能以同樣的方式去看同樣的事物。