當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1859期:竭盡所能

迷你對話學地道口語第1859期:竭盡所能

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.38K 次

第一,迷你對話

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1859期:竭盡所能

A: Where did you.go last winter vacation?

去年寒假你去哪兒了?

B: I visited my uncle's family.

我去叔叔家了。

A:Did you have a good time there?

你在那兒過得愉快嗎?

B: Of course. Everyone in his family fell all over themselves trying to make me feel at home.

當然了。他家裏人人都儘量讓我覺得舒服。

第二,詞海拾貝

fall all over oneself

exp. Make an inordinate effort to do something, try very hard or eagerly. (竭盡全力,竭盡所能)

e.g. John is such a brownnoser, falling all over himself to impress the teacher.

John真是個馬屁精,爲了給老師留下好印象而盡力去拍馬屁。

e.g. My parents fell all over themselves trying to seem cool to me and my friends. It was pretty embarrassing, to be honest.

我的父母竭盡全力想讓我和我的朋友們覺得他們很酷。老實說,這很尷尬。

第三,語彙積累

1.have a good time:玩得很快樂,度過快樂的時光

e.g. I hope you have a good time in America. I'll miss you.

我希望你在美國玩得很愉快,我會想你的。

e.g. "Have a good time, dearies!" Said Mrs. Marth, as the sisters went daintily down the walk.

當姐妹倆從樓梯上姍姍而下時,Marth夫人說:“親愛的,願你們玩個痛快。”

2.feel at home:感覺自在,感覺在家中般輕鬆自在

e.g. I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me.

我覺得住在這裏象在家裏一樣,房東太太對我很好。

People from all over the world feel at home in Hong Kong.

來自世界不同角落的旅客來到香港均有賓至如歸的感覺。

last winter vacation:去年暑期

visit one’s family:去某人的家中