當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話雪地道口語第1114期:談論不休

迷你對話雪地道口語第1114期:談論不休

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.32W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 50%;">迷你對話雪地道口語第1114期:談論不休

A: Do you know anything about your father’s youth?

對於你青年時代的事情,你知曉多少?

B: I don’t know what your referred to?

我不知道你指的是哪件事情。

A: It was that he was bitten by a wolf and was saved by a warm-hearted girl.

就是他被狼咬傷,有一位熱心的姑娘救了他那件事情。

B: Of course I know that. I never hear the end of it.

我當然知道那件事情,父親老愛提起這件事情。

第二, 地道表達

never hear the end of

1. 解詞釋義

Never hear the end of的字面意思是“永遠聽不到結尾”,引申爲“談論不休”的意思。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. If we don't give her what she wants we'll never hear the end of it.

我們若不滿足她的要求, 這事就沒完沒了。

e.g. It was silly of you to get on the wrong train; don't let your friends know about it or you'll never hear the end of it.

你真是糊塗,把火車都上錯了,可別讓你的朋友們知道這件事,要不,他們就會老是對你提及此事。

e.g. You'll never hear the end of it if you don't reply to your mother's letter.

你要始終記着給你母親回信。

第三, 咬文嚼字

know something about :知曉關於……的一些事情

e.g. Do you know something about Chinese opera?

你對京戲瞭解嗎?

e.g. I wonder if you can let me know something about Nobel prize .

不知您能否讓我知道有關諾貝爾獎的一些知識。

refer to:指……,涉及……

Jim decided to refer to the problem that nobody liked.

吉姆決定探討別人都不願探討的問題。

I don't say he doesn't refer to it within himself.

我不是說他肚子裏從來不想那事呀。