當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:深呼吸,然後相信

雙語美文:深呼吸,然後相信

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.38W 次

I had to put the following quote into practice 25 years ago

雙語美文:深呼吸,然後相信

25年前,我曾反覆唸誦一句話


when I was asked to give a speech at my precious friend Evy's wedding.

因爲我應邀參加從前的好友Evy的婚禮,必須作一番演講


"Sometimes the best thing you can do is

“有時,你能做的最好的事,”

 

not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess,

“就是不要思考,不要猜忌,不要想象,不要沉迷”


 just breathe and have faith

“你只需要深呼吸,保持信念”


that everything will work out for the best."

“要相信,一切都會變成最好的樣子”


You may wonder why on earth would it be so difficult?

你可能會問,爲什麼這件事對於我如此艱難?


 Well, there's a good reason why.

我有充足的理由


Our son, Todd, was a very close friend with Evy.

我們的兒子Todd一直與Evy非常要好 


After Todd's death, Evy and I became close friends too.

Todd死後,Evy和我也成爲了親密的朋友。


Evy would stopover at our home and spend time with me.

Evy時常來我家串門,陪着我一起度過難熬的時光。

 

Every year on the date of Todd's death

每年Todd的忌日


Evy would send me a white rose in memory of Todd.

Evy都會寄一隻白玫瑰給我,以表達她對Todd的追思


What was interesting is

有趣的是

 

that Evy was going to marry a man named Todd.

Evy的準新郎名字也叫Todd 


I kept thinking, wondering,

我腦中思緒翻飛,彷彿問着爲什麼


imagining when I heard the minister say 'Todd' that I was going to start crying.

我想象着,當我聽到牧師叫“Todd”的時候,自己一定會哭出來


I'm here to tell you that

現在我想告訴你們


I did breathe and put my faith in my life that day.

那一天,我做到了,我深呼吸,然後將我的信任交付到生活手中


Before I open my mouth

在我開始演講之前


I put this verse in my mind,

我在心裏唸誦着這樣一句話


 "I can do all things through life who strengthens me"

“經過生活的歷練,我將能夠做好任何事,因爲生活讓我變得更堅強

I did give a speech and I didn't cry.

我順利完成了演講,而且並沒有哭泣

 

Everything did work out for the best

生活真的變成了最好的樣子

 

and now 25 years later

如今,25年之後


Todd and Evy are still married.

Todd和Evy還是一對恩愛夫妻