當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 雙語新聞 > 當你放棄探索,人生就結束了

當你放棄探索,人生就結束了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.09W 次

Romain Rolland once said:

羅曼·羅蘭曾說:

"Most men die at twenty or thirty;

“很多人在20歲、30歲的時候就死了,

thereafter they are only reflections of themselves,

一過這個年齡,他們只不過變成了自己的影子

for the rest of their lives they are aping themselves,

此後的餘生不過在模仿自己中度過,

repeating from day to day more and more mechanically and affectedly what they said and did and thought and loved when they were alive."

日復一日,更機械,更裝腔作勢地重複他們有生之年的所作所爲、所思所想、所愛所恨。”

Recently, I suddenly realized that this quote is talking about me.

最近,我忽然發現這則引言說的就是我。

I chose a stable job back as a civil servant in my hometown under my parents' advice after I graduated from college.

大學畢業之後,我聽從父母的建議,在家鄉找了一個穩定的公務員工作。

The job is easy. And my workload is quite small.

工作很輕鬆,工作量也很小。

So I have penty of time of mine own to spend.

所以我有充足的時間可以自由支配。

I bought my car and my house and went on dates which are arranged by my parents.

我買好了車和房子,並根據父母的安排去約會。

Everything goes well in my life.

生活中的一切都很順利。

But, last month I went to a classmates reunion. And it crashed my heart.

但是,上個月我去了一個同學聚會。而我的心徹底被打碎了。

When we were having the meal. Some of my classmates talked about their interesting jobs and interesting challenges in Internet companies. Some of them were talking about strategies in investing in fund and stocks. Some of them were talking about all the new skills they have been learning, which I hadn't even heard of.

宴席上,有些同學在談他們在互聯網公司那些有趣的工作、有趣的挑戰,有些談起他們在基金和股票上的投資策略,有些則在談他們在學的一些新技能,而這些技能我聽都沒聽過。

當你放棄探索,人生就結束了

But I? All I could talk about was that my wife just got pregnant.

而我呢?我能說的只是我太太前不久懷孕了。

And now it seems like my child is about to take the same boring path that I have taken.

現在看來,似乎我的孩子也要走上我走過的這條無聊道路。

Is this the life that I want?

這真的是我想要的生活嗎?

Is this even life?

這真的是生活嗎?

This suddenly becomes so horrible to me. I can't live like this.

我突然覺得這無比可怕。我不能這樣生活下去。

And that's why I started to search for a new job. I don't want to die when I am thiry.

而這,也就是我重新開始找工作的原因。我不想在30歲就死去。

Life is only worth living when there are things to explore.

生活,只有在還有新事物可以探索的時候,才值得活下去。