席慕容《一棵開花的樹》A Blooming Tree
A Blooming Tree
一棵開花的樹
May Buddha let us meet
如何讓你遇見我
in my most beautiful hours,
在我最美麗的時刻
I have prayed for it
爲這——
for five hundred years.
我已在佛前 求了五百年
Buddha made me a tree
求它讓我們結一段塵緣
by the path you may take,
佛於是把我化做一棵樹
In full blossoms I'm waiting in the sun
長在你必經的路旁
every flower carrying my previous hope.
陽光下慎重地開滿了花
As you are near, listen carefully
朵朵都是我前世的盼望
the quivering leaves are my waiting zeal,
當你走近 請你細聽
As you pass by the tree
那顫抖的葉是我等待的熱情
without noticing me,
而當你終於無視地走過
My friend, upon the ground behind you
在你身後落了一地的
is not the fallen petals but my withered heart.
朋友啊 那不是花瓣
是我凋零的心