當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 一隻小小的蝴蝶

一隻小小的蝴蝶

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.59W 次

It was a sweltering Spring day.
那是春季的一個悶熱的日子
The temperatures felt more like July than May.
氣溫讓人感覺彷彿是在七月,而不是五月
A thunderstorm had passed over earlier
早些時候下過一陣暴雨
but now the clouds were clearing
可現在天上的烏雲都散開了
and the sun had returned.
太陽又露出頭來
Steam was coming off the wet sidewalk
水汽從潮溼的人行道上蒸發起來
as I parked my car next to the meter
我把車停在一個計費器旁邊
and tossed a quarter into it.
往機器裏面投了一個硬幣
I headed into the local thrift store to buy my son a shirt.
接着我走進當地的一家折扣商店,想給我兒子買一件襯衣
The air conditioning in there was a welcome relief from the heat outside.
空調的冷氣對我表示了歡迎,終於逃脫了室外的熱氣,我感到一陣鬆快
After I made my purchase
買完東西
I walked back out into the heat.
我走出商店,又回到太陽的炙烤之下
I got in my car but had to wait to pull out
我上了車,卻還不能上路
because of all the cars lined up at the red stop light.
因爲那時正好紅燈亮了,所有的車都在排隊等候
I looked out of my car window
我從車窗向外望去
and saw something on the pavement .
在人行道上看到了什麼東西
A single butterfly was frantically fluttering its wings
那是一隻小蝴蝶,孤孤單單的,正發瘋似的閃動着翅膀
but not getting off the ground.
卻無法從地面上飛起來
It was right in front of a truck's tire too.
更可怕的是,在它面前就是一輛卡車的巨大車輪
Without thinking I got out of my car,
我毫不猶豫的走下車
held my hand up so the truck driver wouldn't move forward,
一手擋在卡車前面,這樣司機就不會再前進了
and bent down to look at the butterfly.
接着我彎下腰去查看那隻蝴蝶
One of its legs was stuck in what looked like spilt soda.
我發現它的一條腿陷進了水窪裏,看上去有點像灑出來的蘇打水
I reached down
我伸出手去
and gently as I could cupped the butterfly in my hands.
儘可能溫柔的將蝴蝶捧在手中
I lifted its leg up
我托起它的腿
and suddenly it was free.
忽然間,它自由了
I opened my hands
我張開雙手
and up it flew towards the shining sun.
它朝灼亮的太陽飛去
My own eyes shined brighter
而我的目光似乎比太陽更加灼亮
and my own heart felt lighter as I watched it.
我看着它飛走,心裏感到輕快了不少
Now a lot of people might wonder
也許有許多人會感到不解
why I would step out into traffic like that
爲什麼我會特意下車擠進車流
to rescue a single butterfly.
就爲了去救一隻小小的蝴蝶
All I can say is that my heart was guiding me at that moment.
我只能說,那一刻,我的內心正在譴責自己爲什麼還不去救它
And when I was done I felt more like my true self than I had all day.
當我救了那隻蝴蝶以後,我感到自己比任何似乎更像我自己
The truth is the closer you are to the Earth,
事實上,你越是附身貼近大地
the closer you come to Happiness.
你就越靠近幸福
The more love that you share on this Earth,
你在大地上播撒的愛意越多
the more love you take with you to Eternity .
你也會收穫越多的愛,它們是你永遠的寶藏
Fill your days with grace, goodness, and love then.
讓你的每一天充滿感恩,充滿善意,充滿關愛吧。
And your heart will feel as light as a butterfly.
你的心會如蝴蝶般翩翩飛起。

一隻小小的蝴蝶