英語口語萬能句典 第13期:拒絕邀請
拒絕邀請
I'm not sure about it. I'll have to check.
我不大清楚。我看一下吧。
A: Are you.free next Saturday?
下週六你有空嗎?
B: I'm not sure about it. I'll have to check.
我不大清楚。我看一下吧。
I will be busy all day long.
我一整天都會很忙。
A: Are you free today?l have something to tell you.
今天你有空嗎?我有事要告訴你。
B: Sorry, I will be busy all day long.
對不起,我一整天都會很忙。
all day long“整天”
I won't be free until Wednesday.
週三前我都沒空。
A: I won't be free until Wednesday.
週三前我都沒空。
B: Then what about Thursday?
那週四怎麼樣?
Any time except this Sunday.
只要不是這個星期天,什麼時間都可以。
A:Sorry, any time except this Sunday.
對不起,只要不是這個星期天,什麼時間都可以。
B: Then how about this Saturday?
那這個星期六可以嗎?
except和but都可以作介詞來表示“除了…”。
I have to work overtime tonight.=I have to work extra hours tonight.
我今晚要加班。
A: Sorry,I have to work overtime tonight
對不起,我今晚要加班。
B:Then have a cup of coffee with me after work.
那你下班後我們一起喝杯咖啡吧。
overtimer n. 加班 extra a. 額外的
I'll have to attend a conference that day.
那天我得出席一個會議。
A:Would you like to attend our wedding next Saturday?
下週六你能參加我們的婚禮嗎?
B: Unfortunately, I'll have to attend a conference that day.
不湊巧,那天我得出席一個會議。
unfortunately ad. 不幸地
have to意思是“不得不,必須”,含有不情願的意思。
I'd love to, but l couldn't.=I'd love to, but I can't.
我很樂意,但是我不能。
A: Let's have some drinks.
咱們去喝酒吧。
B: I'd love to, but I couldn't.
我很樂意,但是我不能。
I don't feel well.
我不太舒服。
A: Thank you for inviting me, but I don't feel well.
謝謝你的邀請,但是我不太舒服。
B: Then have a good rest. Maybe next time.
那你好好休息。或許下次吧。