當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第107期:分手了!(詞彙積累)

點滴英語天天學第107期:分手了!(詞彙積累)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.2W 次

今天,我們首先來聽一下Robert和Jenny老師朗讀下面這個情景對話:

ing-bottom: 76.25%;">點滴英語天天學第107期:分手了!(詞彙積累)

Jenifer: I just hear that Jane and Mike broke up because Mike was having an affair for the past year! She busted him when she walk into their bedroom and found him with some tramp.

Kenny: How horrible! Jane must have been so upset!

Jenifer: She sure was. She dropped him like a hot potato the next day! I don't think they'll ever be able to patch things up, either. With Jane, there are no second chances.

Kenny: Well, it doesn't surprise me one bit that he had a mistress. Their marriage has been on the rocks for a long time. I just hope they both signed a pre-nup or she'll end up taking him to the cleaners!

下面,我們就進一步來看看這個情景對話中還可以積累的語彙:

1. for the past year:在過去的一年裏

e.g. The firm has been laboring under difficulties for the past year.

這家公司在過去的一年裏一直爲難事所困擾。

e.g. My daughter can't find a steady job. She's been floating around for the past year.

我女兒一直沒能找到固定工作,一年來她一直在到處打零工。

e.g. He 's been moonlight for the past year as a driver

過去一年裏他下班後開車賺外快。

2. the next day:第二天

e.g. I happened to fall across him the next day in the park.

第二天我在公園裏碰見了他。

e.g. I told Angleton that the program for the next day was off.

我告訴安格爾頓說,第二天安排的計劃取消。

3. be able to:可以,能夠

e.g. He doesn't seem able to stay to the end of the race.

看樣子他不能撐到賽跑終點。

e.g. I won't be able to come to dinner today, more's the pity.

今天我不能赴晚宴,十分遺憾。

4. one bit:一點

e.g. You haven't changed one bit.

你一點都沒變。

e.g. I don't mind her roughness one bit.

她這樣鹵莽,我一點也沒怪她。

5. for a long time:很久

e.g. He has been waiting for his brother for a long time.

他等候他兄弟已很久了。

e.g. That's the best pizza I've had for a long time.

很久沒有吃到這麼香的比薩餅了。

6. end up:最終,結果,到頭來

e.g. It would be pleasant to end up his school-days with glory and then go to Oxford.

榮耀地結束學校的生活,再去牛津,這也是滿愜意的。

e.g. You will end up in debt if you keep on spending money like that.

你要是老這樣花錢,總有一天要負債。

e.g. Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.

每次他們去跳舞,都會不歡而散。

7. walk into:走進,(不小心)遇上或陷入,輕易獲得(工作)

e.g. When you walk into the room, the lights turn on by themselves.

每當你走入這房間,電燈自己就打開。

e.g. That teacher is looking his all students walk into the reading room.

那位老師看着他所有的學生走進閱覽室。

e.g. He's walking into a situation that he absolutely can't control.

他正陷入自己完全無法控制的局面。

e.g. When I left school, I could walk into any job.

我畢業後可以不費吹灰之力地找到任何工作。