當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 課本上學不到的30個口語表達

課本上學不到的30個口語表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.34W 次

ing-bottom: 65.12%;">課本上學不到的30個口語表達

01 I was like, "What?!"

(someone) was like... 口語中用於表達某人的一種反應,比如說的話或思想活動

▷ He was like, "Hold on, wait for me!"
他說,等下,等等我。

▷ I saw it on her face – she was like "Yo, leave me out of this!"
我看見她臉上都寫着呢,她一臉的“嘿,別把我扯進來!”

02 That takes guts!

(something) takes guts 做某事需要勇氣。Guts本意是內臟,引申爲膽量。

▷Being a police officer takes guts, for sure.
顯然,當警察很需要勇氣。

03 All right, so much for that one.

so much for (something) 人們放棄做一件事或努力泡湯的時候常說的話。

▷It's already ten thirty? So much for getting an early start!
都十點半了?得了,不用想早起的事了!

▷Oh no! He saw us? So much for keeping it a surprise.
哦漏!他看見我們了?好吧,什麼驚喜都沒了。

04 We nailed it!

nailed it 圓滿完成某件事,或說得完全正確。Nail本意是釘釘子。

▷That's so true. He's nailed it.
確實如此,他的觀點一針見血。

Kill it也可以指事情完成得超乎意料地好。

▷ Louise has been killing it! Louise
幹得漂亮!

05 I knew you.d give me a hard time about it!

give…a hard time about… 跟某人過不去、嘲笑某人、難爲某人。

▷ When I was growing up, the other kids used to give me a hard time because of my weight. But I just tried to ignore them.
小時候由於我的體重,其他的孩子一直在取笑我。但是我儘量不理他們。

▷Come on! Why do you have to give me a hard time about that? I told you: I had to work.
拜託,幹嘛老拿這事兒跟我過不去,我都說了,我要工作了。

06 I might be 90 years old, but I'm still young at heart!

might… but… 也許……但是……,可以用來委婉地否定別人的觀點。

▷Paris might be popular, but I don’t want to live there.
巴黎可能是一個很受歡迎的地方,但是我不想住在那裏。

07 I couldn't agree more.

couldn’t agree more “不能更同意”,表示強烈同意對方的觀點。強烈不同意也能說couldn't disagree more。

▷- I think that this is a great opportunity. - I couldn’t agree more.
-我覺得這是一個非常好的機會。 -完全贊同。

08 Just do it already!

Just… already! 趕緊的做某事!這個短語一般都是在抱怨對方反應太慢,表現一種不耐煩的態度。

▷I've been hearing about this girl for weeks. Just ask her out already!
我聽你念叨這個姑娘已經好幾周了,求你快約她吧!

09 Strangely enough, I just bought a bike.

strangely enough, … 遇到巧合或驚訝的事時的表達,可以翻譯爲真巧、真稀奇。

▷如果你和小李同時找到了新工作,就可以說: Strangely enough, I just got a new job as well.
真巧,我也剛找到一份新工作。

10 Could you give me a few pointers?

give someone pointers 給某人一些建議。Pointer指建議、提示、線索。

▷You're not holding that quite right. Do you want me to give you a few pointers?
你握的方式不太對,你要我給你一些建議嗎?

11 Yeah, it's decent.

decent 不錯,挺好的。

▷-This soup isn't bad at all!
這湯味道還不錯嘛!

-Yeah, it's decent.
嗯,挺好的。

12 Who are you to talk?

who... to talk? 表示某人沒有資格發表意見或批評別人,因爲他/她自己也做得不夠好。

▷Who are you to talk? You’re just as messy as me.
你有啥資格說我?你跟我一樣邋遢。

▷He's so disorganized. But who am I to talk? I can't even keep track of what day of the week it is.
他超級迷糊。不過我也好不到哪去,我連今天是星期幾都搞不清。

13 Is it just me, or is it hot in here?

Is it just me, or…? 這是一種委婉的抱怨,一般都是在看對方是否有同樣的意見。

▷Is it just me, or are these seats even more cramped than normal?
是隻有我一個人這麼覺得麼,這個座位是不是比一般的更擠啊?

14 Did I leave my book at your place, by any chance?

by any chance 口語中常用這一表達來詢問是否有某種可能。

▷Are you by any chance free tonight?
你今晚有沒有空呀?

15 The last thing I want is to hurt you.

The last thing I want is…
我最不願意做的事情就是……

▷The last thing I want is to cause an argument on your birthday, but this is a serious problem.
我很不想在你的生日爭吵,但這是一個很嚴重的問題。

16 Are tomatoes still in season?

be in season 表示某種蔬果是當季的。

▷I think pears are in season soon.
我覺得吃梨的季節要到了。

也可以說It's... season:

▷It's strawberry season. We should go pick some at the farm down the road.
到了吃草莓的季節了。我可以去農場採摘草莓了。

17 Don't get all impatient.

all 在口語表達中,形容詞前加一個all,可以增強感情色彩,通常是表達負面情緒。

▷He gave me his old computer, but it's all old and crappy.
他把自己的舊電腦給我用,但是那電腦又老又破。

18 Summer will be over before you know it.

before you know it 表示事情過得非常快。

▷Before you know it, you'll be finished with school. 很快的,你就會畢業了。

19 I've never gotten into baseball for some reason.

get into something 對某事感興趣。

▷I've been getting into history lately.
我近來對歷史大感興趣。

20 Man! You're on fire!

on fire 本意是着火了,引申意是指人的狀態特別好。

▷Lewandowski is on fire, scoring five goals in nine minutes. Lewandowski
狀態神勇,在短短九分鐘內就打進五顆球。

21 I find it hard to relate to him sometimes.

relate to someone/something 理解、接受某人某事,與之有同感、有共鳴。

▷I can relate to this story. Same thing happened to me.
我對這個故事非常有共鳴,同樣的事情也發生在我身上過。

22 I report to John.

report to someone 向某人彙報,這一表達常用來說明某人的直接上司是誰。

▷Jane reports to the Sales Manager.
Jane的直接領導是銷售經理。

在某人手下幹活,就可以說work under:

▷Do you still work under John?
你的領導還是John嗎?

23 You bet!

you bet 意思是“You can bet money on that”(你可以壓錢賭一把),說明你完全同意對方的觀點、提議等。

▷-Are you coming to the party? 趴體你會來吧? -You bet! 當然來!

-May I borrow your hammer? 可以借你的錘子用下麼? -You bet! 當然!

24 Good thinking! That would be great.

good thinking 好主意,跟good idea同意。

▷-Why don’t we take a rest?
我們休息一下吧?

- Good thinking.
好主意。

25 It's way past your bedtime!

way past Way相當於"far",這個表達是遠遠超過某個點的意思。

▷There's no use apologizing now. We're way past that point.
現在道歉已經沒意義了。太晚了。(表示你絕對不會原諒他了……)

26 What? That's nuts!

That's nuts! Nuts是非常口語化的表達,表示“crazy”瘋了。

▷-We hiked 45 miles in two days.
我們兩天徒步走了45英里。

-Whoa, that's nuts! Really?
哇~太瘋狂了!真的嗎?

27 Oh, that sucks!

(something) sucks 在談論糟糕的、讓人失望的、不幸的事情時,人們常用這個表達。正式場合慎用。

▷My computer sucks! I need to get a new one.
我的電腦糟糕透了!我要買個新的。

28 So, what's your story?

What's (someone's) story? 人們常用這一表達來詢問不太熟悉的人的信息。相當於說, "Tell me more about that person",再說說那人的情況吧。

▷You know that guy you introduced me to at your party? What's his story? 你在派對上介紹我認識的那個人,你很熟嗎?跟我說說他吧?

如果你對某人說,what's your story? 意思就是讓對方自我介紹一下。

29 I didn't mean to walk in on you.

walk in on someone / something 走進一個地方打擾了裏面的人或正在進行的事,通常是些尷尬的事……

▷Someone walked in on me while I was in the bathroom.
我在浴室的時候突然有人走進來……

30 He's around fiftyish, I'd say.

-ish 口語中,在一個詞後面加-ish,就等於說"a little bit" ,"kind of",給人一種大約的、模糊的、不確定的感覺。

▷Come over at 12-ish.
12點左右過來。

▷That color is blue-ish.
顏色是類似藍色的那種。

好了,今天先總結30個,大家慢慢消化哦。