英語口語練習小對話 第44期:所有行囊
迷你對話:
A:Susan is going to get a divorce.
Susan要離婚了。
B:How do you know that?
你怎麼知道的?
A:She told me that she has a quarrel last nigh, and she left this morning,bag and baggage.
她昨天告訴我和Peter吵了一架,今天早上就把東西全部帶走了。
B:Oh, I see. But I think you are making a fuss. They will make it up. Bet it.
哦,我知道了。不過我覺得你有點大驚小怪了。他們會和好的。我確信。
地道表達:
bag and baggage
講解:該習語爲軍事用語,指“士兵的隨身行李和財物”。現在隱申爲“帶着全部東西,完全地,徹底地”。
支持範例:
tenant left, bag and baggage, without paying the rent.
她的房客未付房租就帶着全部財物離去了.
week he cleared out bag and baggage;the room is now quite empty.
上週他把所有東西都搬走了,那房子如今空空如也。
house was vacated bag and baggage in a matter of hours.
這幢房子在幾個小時裏就全部騰出來了。
right, if you won't pay the rent, out with you, bag and baggage!
好吧,要是你不付房租,就收拾起你的東西滾吧!
詞海拾貝:
a quarrel:吵架
is good - nature and have never have a quarrel with anyone
他脾氣很好,從不和任何人爭吵
y time you two have a quarrel the work gets delayed, and it's usually he who has to pick up the pieces.
每次你們倆吵架,總要把工作耽擱下來,而往往是他來收拾殘局。
a fuss:大驚小怪,小題大做
shouldn't make all that fuss about so simple a matter.
這麼簡單的事,你不該那麼大驚小怪。
do you always make a fuss over a trivial things?
只是點風吹草動, 你怎麼就大做文章?
up:和解
separated couple couldn't make it up.
那對分居的夫妻不可能和解。
r their long argument the two brothers made it up.
長期爭吵之後,兄弟倆終於和解了。
a divorce:離婚
it:確信
look great in these shoes. I bet it.
我敢肯定您穿着這雙鞋真好看。
's still in this room, I bet it. Let me help you find it.
我肯定它還在這間屋裏。我幫你找。
特別說明:
該節目中的迷你對話選自《脫口說英語》之口語習語大全,講解部分爲恆星編輯原創。