當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1354期:無意中觸及敏感話題;觸及痛處

迷你對話學地道口語第1354期:無意中觸及敏感話題;觸及痛處

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.8W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 67.34%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1354期:無意中觸及敏感話題;觸及痛處

A: How is your family?

你全家還好吧?

B: My husband was gone last year.

我丈夫去年去世了。

A: I am sorry. I am afraid I have touched a nerve.

對不起,我恐怕問了不該問的問題。

B: Never mind. I can face the music.

不要緊,我能夠面對現實。

A: You are really strong.

你真堅強。

第二,地道表達

touch a nerve

1. 解詞釋義

Touch a nerve的意思是“觸及心靈的痛處”“無意中觸及敏感話題”。

2. 拓展範例

E.g. Bob Dylan touch a nerve of disaffection.

鮑勃·狄藍觸及那些大家都不滿意的敏感的問題。

E.g. Your column must have touched a nerve, because we are getting slammed with feedback from readers—and they're not happy.

你的專欄觸及了一些敏感話題,因爲我們受到讀者的反饋的猛烈的抨擊,他們很不開心。

E.g. I could tell he was touching a raw nerve when he brought up Jane's former employer and Jane went silent for a moment.

當他提及Jane的前僱傭者的時候,我告訴他說了到不該說的事情,但是Jane沉默了一會兒。

E.g. I realized I had touched a nerve with my remarks.

我意識到了我的評論觸及到了敏感話題。

第三,視野拓展

face the music:面對現實

E.g. After he was caught with the stolen goods, he had to face the music.

他偷竊物品被逮到,他必須接受應得的懲罰。

E.g. Well, David, I think you should go home and face the music.

哎,大衛,我覺得你應該回家去,接受批評。

E.g. Mr. Allen betrayed a top secret, and had to face the music.

艾倫先生泄露一項最高機密,因而必須接受責罰。

E.g. You've been caught cheating now you must face the music.

你的騙局已經戳穿--這下子你得自食其果了。

never mind:沒關係,不要緊

E.g. Never mind what he said, I want your opinion.

別理會他的話,我想聽聽你的意見。

E.g. "Then let it be, and never mind, father," she said with dignified sorrow.

“那麼就由它去吧,您別擔心,爸。”她帶着一種莊嚴的悲哀說道。

E.g. Never mind the rest. I follow your general idea.

不必說下去了,我一概遵命就是了。

第四,口語表述

表示某人去世了。

Sb. is gone.