當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2035期:貶得一文不值

迷你對話學地道口語第2035期:貶得一文不值

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.28W 次

情景對話:

A: You look miserable, Tom. What happened?

padding-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2035期:貶得一文不值

你看上去很沮喪,湯姆,怎麼了?

B: Mum, my composition was shot down in flames by our classmates.

媽媽,同學們把我的作文貶得一文不值。

A: Really? Let me read it. Maybe I can give you some advice. Cheer up, my dear.

真的?讓我看看,也許我能給你點建議。高興點,寶貝。

第一, 詞海拾貝

shoot down in flames

exp. To bring about someone or something's failure,ruin someone. (貶得一文不值,痛斥某人,駁倒,把某人整垮

e.g. I thought I'd written a fine campaign speech but my team shot it down in flames.

我原以爲我寫了一篇很好的競選演說,但我的團隊把它貶得一文不值。

e.g. I can't believe he shot me down in flames in front of the board of trustees!

我真不敢相信他在董事會面前痛斥我!

e.g. It was a bad idea, okay, but you didn't have to shoot me down in flames at the meeting.

那個注意不好,可以,但你沒必要在會上痛斥我呀。

第二, 語彙積累

1. give someone some advice:給某人提出建議

e.g. Can you give me some advice for my job interview?

你能給我一些關於工作面試的建議嗎?

e.g. I tried to give him some advice but he brushed all my suggestions to one side.

我試着給他提點建議,但他對我所有意見都置之不理。

e.g. Years ago you gave some advice on how to have a good marriage.

幾年前,你曾就如何擁有美滿的婚姻提出了一些看法。

2. cheer up:振作

e.g. Cheer up! Our troubles will soon be over.

振作起來!我們的困難很快就會過去。

e.g. Mrs. Gummidge did not appear to be able to cheer up.

格米治太太好象怎麼也鼓不起興致來。