當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2059期:不加以深究就輕易相信

迷你對話學地道口語第2059期:不加以深究就輕易相信

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

情景對話:

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2059期:不加以深究就輕易相信

A: Scientists say that people will be able to live on the moon in the future.

科學家們說將來人們能夠在月球上居住。

B: I'll take your word for it. but is it possible during our life time?

我相信你的話,但這在我們的有生之年能成爲可能嗎?

A: I'm not sure about that.

我可說不準。

一, 詞海拾貝

take one’s word for

exp. To accept what one says without further verifying or investigating.(不加以深究就輕易相信

e.g. You're right to be wary, but, in this case, I think we can take John's word. He has no reason to lie to us.

你的謹慎是對的,但在這種情況下,我想我們可以相信約翰的話。他沒有理由對我們撒謊。

e.g. I' ll take your word for it that it won' t happen again.

我相信你說的此事——下不爲例。

e.g. Now just take my word for it that he can get you the award.

眼下你就相信我的話吧:他能夠使你得獎。

e.g. You can take his word for it. He has always been on the up and up.

你可以相信他的話, 他一向老實可靠。

二, 語彙積累

be sure about:對……確信,對……有把握

e.g. I think the answer's right but I'm not absolutely sure about it.

我認爲這答案是正確的, 但是沒有絕對的把握。

e.g. I shall certainly be present at the meeting, but I am not sure about my wife.

我肯定會出席會議,但我的妻子是否出席,就不敢肯定了。

They think they know everything and are always quite sure about it. This, in fact, is why they overdo everything.

他們以爲自己無所不知,一向自信心十足。事實上,這就是他們把每件事做過頭的原因。