當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第425期:我之前因爲她放棄了很多機會

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第425期:我之前因爲她放棄了很多機會

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.69W 次

I turned down quite a few offers before for her sake.
我之前因爲她放棄了很多機會。


down
拒絕(請求;提議等)
I turned down the offer.
我拒絕了那個提議。
關小
Could you please turn down the music?
你可以把音樂聲調小嗎?

緣故;理由;目的
for sb's sake/for the sake of sb
爲了某人起見;因爲某人的緣故
You can do it,please,for my sake.
你可以做到的,求你了,就算是爲了我。

A:Why are you so upset today,Maria?Cheer up!
瑪利亞,你今天情緒怎麼這麼低落?振作點!
B:Alice,it's about the job with the PR company.
艾瑞斯,是因爲那個公共公司的實習機會。
A:It's a great should be happy with the offer.
這可是個好機會,你應該高興纔對。
B:But my mother won't allow me to accept any part-time job.I'm afraid she will say no again.
但是我媽媽老是不讓我做兼職。我擔心這次她還是不同意。
A:Why?It's can learn a lot from it.
爲什麼啊?這樣不公平。你可以從實習中學到很多東西的。
B:She says a part-time job takes so much time and energy that I won't be able to focus on my study.
她總是說兼職要花很多時間和精力。我就不能專心學習了。
A:That may be I'm sure you're able to find a balance between not try it?
有道理。但是我相信你能在兼職和學習之間找到平衡。爲什麼不試試呢?
B:I turned down quite a few offers before for her I'm a senior now.I don't want to miss the chance this time.
我之前因爲我媽媽放棄了很多機會。可是我現在大四了。我不想再錯過這次機會了。
A:I agree with you,but I think you really need to talk to your mother and tell her what's on your mind.
我支持你。我覺得你應該和你媽媽好好談談,告訴她你的想法。

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第425期:我之前因爲她放棄了很多機會