當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第115期:Sinking Feeling 不祥的預感

The english we speak(BBC教學)第115期:Sinking Feeling 不祥的預感

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.79W 次

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第115期:Sinking Feeling 不祥的預感

Li: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Li.

李:大家好,歡迎收看地道英語節目。我是李。

Neil: And I am Neil. Li, let me tell you about this strange dream I had yesterday… we weren't here. We were somewhere else, in another country…

尼爾:我是尼爾。李,我跟你說說我昨晚做的奇怪的夢吧,在夢裏我們並不在這裏。我們在其他地方,在另一個國家……

(Sound of dreamy music)

(夢幻般輕柔的音樂)

Neil: We were lucky to find these cheap tickets and fly here to the United States, weren't we? This is a wonderful place, Li.

尼爾:我們很幸運地得到了這些便宜的機票,然後飛來了美國,不是嗎?李,這真是個很棒的地方。

Li: Yes, this is a wonderful place!

李:是啊,這地方真棒!

Neil: …where we found a boat and decided to sail on this river! Blue sky, blue water… Don't you feel at one with nature, Li?

尼爾:我們找到了一艘船,然後決定在這條河上航行!藍藍的天,藍藍的海水……李,你能感到和大自然融爲一體了嗎?

Li: Of course, yes, I do feel in harmony with nature. But we've been sailing for a while now and I'm not sure where we are… Where are we, Neil?

李:當然了,我當然感受到同大自然融爲一體了。可是我們已經航行了一段時間了,我不確定我們現在在哪裏……尼爾,我們在哪兒?

Neil: I'm not sure either. What I can say is that… this boat is rocking a lot, isn't it? …

尼爾:我也不知道。我能說的就是……這艘船搖晃的很厲害,不是嗎?

Li: Yes, but it must be normal.

李:是,不過這很正常。

Neil: … and I must confess I'm not a very strong swimmer…

尼爾:我必須要承認,我並不擅長游泳……

Li: Don't think about it Neil, just admire the view.

李:尼爾,別想那些,只要欣賞風景就好。

Neil: But I have a sinking feeling!

尼爾:可是我有不祥的預感!

Li: A sinking feeling Neil?! What's going on? Are your feet wet? Can you see water coming into the boat?

李:尼爾,你有下沉的感覺?!怎麼了?你是弄溼了嗎?你看到船進水了?

Neil: No, there's no water in the boat. Having a sinking feeling is what you say in English when you realise something bad is happening or about to happen.

尼爾:不是,船裏沒有進水。在英語中sinking feeling的意思是你意識到有某些不好的事情要發生。

Examples

例子

Man 1: I bought shares in that company but the stock market has just crashed! I have a sinking feeling that I've lost all my money!

男1:我買了那家公司的股份,可是股市崩盤了!我有不祥的預感,我可能會損失掉所有的錢!

Woman: The meal in this restaurant was very tasty but I have a sinking feeling that I've forgotten my wallet at home and I don't have money to pay the bill!

女:這家餐廳的食物非常美味,可是我有不好的預感,我好像把錢包落在家裏了,我可能會沒有錢結賬

Man 2: Oh the main player in the team has just got a red card! I've a sinking feeling that my team is going to lose this match!

男2:隊裏的主力隊員剛得了張紅牌!我有不祥的感覺,我們隊可能會輸掉這場比賽!

Li: So, what is this sinking feeling that you have, Neil? If it's not the boat, what is it?

李:那尼爾,你那不祥的預感是什麼?如果不是船,那是什麼?

Neil: Well, while we were admiring the view a few minutes ago I saw a sign over there on the bank of the river that said: Niagara Falls. I've heard this name somewhere and I don't think it's good. I don't remember why but…

尼爾:幾分鐘前我們在欣賞風景的時候,我看到河岸那邊有個標誌寫着:尼亞加拉瀑布。我以前聽說過這個地方,我覺得那並不是很好。不過我不記得原因了……

Li: What?! Niagara Falls! Did you say that? It has a vertical drop of some 50 metres, Neil! Do you know that?

李:什麼?!尼亞加拉瀑布!你剛剛是說了這個嗎?這個瀑布的垂直高度有50米,尼爾!你知道嗎?

Neil: Yes, now I remember! I saw it in a movie! I have a sinking feeling! Grab this life jacket, Li!

尼爾:對,現在我記起來了!我在電影裏看到過!我有不祥的預感!李,抓住那件救生衣!

Li: Thank you. Now I have a sinking feeling too!

李:謝謝你。現在我也有不祥的預感了!

Neil: Here we goooooooooooooooo!

尼爾:要來了!

Li: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

李:啊!

(Sound of alarm clock)

(鬧鈴聲)

Neil: And that's when I woke up, Li.

尼爾:李,我就夢到這些,然後我就醒了。

Li: That's good, Neil. But now I have a sinking feeling.

李:尼爾,很好。不過現在我有個不祥的預感。

Neil: Why is that?

尼爾:是什麼?

Li: We have been so distracted chatting about your dream that we've missed our train and we will be late for work! Let's run and get a taxi. Come on. Bye!

李:我們一直在分心聊你做的夢,所以我們錯過了火車,我們上班要遲到了!快,跑起來,我們去打車吧。快點。再見!

Neil: Bye!

尼爾:再見!

重點講解:
1. in harmony with
融洽,和睦;
eg. His ideas were no longer in harmony with ours.
他同我們的想法不再一致了。
eg. They were vegetarians and lived in harmony with nature and other creatures.
他們是素食者,生活在一種與自然和其他生物融洽的環境裏。
2. sinking feeling
不祥預感;
eg. He had a sudden sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.
他內心深處突然有一種不祥之感。
eg. I've got taht sinking feeling again.
我再次有種不安的感覺。
3. be late for
遲到;來不及;
eg. He was late for school, as was often the case with him.
他上學遲到已是家常便飯了。
eg. We'll be late for the meeting if we stay any longer.
再不走我們開會就要遲到了。