當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第152期:Anorak 有怪僻的人

The english we speak(BBC教學)第152期:Anorak 有怪僻的人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.13K 次

padding-bottom: 57.94%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第152期:Anorak 有怪僻的人

Train noise

火車的聲音

William: Oh, there goes another train!

威廉:哦,又來一輛火車!

Wang Fei: What do you mean, another train? It was a D5900 Class diesel-electric locomotive, the last one in operation.

王飛:又一輛火車是什麼意思?那是D5900內燃電力傳動機車,是目前運營中的最後一輛。

William: Erm, ok.

威廉:額,好吧。

Wang Fei: And due to arrive at 1203 is the Class 170 "Turbostar" British diesel-multiple-unit train from Edinburgh.

王飛:從愛丁堡發車的英國170“渦輪之星”多組內燃動車列車將於12點零3分到達。

William: Great.

威廉:真棒。

Wang Fei: You don't sound very interested.

王飛:你聽起來並不是很感興趣。

William: I'm not. You do realise that you are a complete anorak when it comes to trains, Wang Fei.

威廉:我不感興趣。王飛,你應該知道,當談到火車時你完全就是個有古怪愛好的人。

Train noise

火車的聲音

Wang Fei: An anorak? That's a kind of coat! Yes, I'm wearing an anorak, but I'm not a kind of coat, William, I'm Wang Fei!

王飛:帶帽防寒短上衣?那是種大衣啊!沒錯,我倒是穿着帶帽防寒短上衣呢,不過我可不是大衣,威廉,我是王飛!

William: Yes, well the word anorak is used to describe people who have an obsessive hobby about something that not many people are interested in.

威廉:我知道,這個詞用來形容沉迷於某種愛好中的人,而這種愛好是大多數人不感興趣的。

Wang Fei: I see. You mean a hobby like train spotting?! But I thought everyone liked it?

王飛:我明白了。你是說像觀察火車這種愛好?不過我認爲所有人都喜歡啊。

William: What's so interesting about standing in the cold, waiting for rare types of train to arrive? The only trains I'm interested in are the ones which get me from A to B.

威廉:在寒冷中站着等罕見類型的火車抵達有什麼樂趣?我唯一感興趣的火車就是把我從A地帶到B地的那輛。

Examples

例子

He is a total anorak. He always stays in and watches Star Trek.

他是個有古怪愛好的人。那傢伙總是待在家裏看《星際漫遊》。

My friend is a bit of an anorak when it comes to dance music. He knows every DJ and every track, when they were published, how high they got in the charts. I prefer just to dance to it!

提到舞曲,我朋友是個有點怪僻的人。他知道所有的DJ以及所有的歌曲,他還知道音樂發行時在排行榜上的排名。我寧願隨着音樂跳舞!

Wang Fei: So you really don't like trains?

王飛:所以你真的不喜歡火車嗎?

William: Oh, I don't mind them, Wang Fei, I just don't find them that interesting. And it's so cold in this country that you need to wear that huge anorak while you wait for them, which is where the phrase came from.

威廉:王飛,我並不討厭他們,我只是覺得沒有那麼有趣。這個國家太冷了,所以你在等火車的時候要穿上帶帽防寒上衣,這就是這個短語的起源。

Wang Fei: You mean, people like me, waiting for trains in my big anorak?

王飛:你是說,人們像我一樣穿着防寒上衣等火車嗎?

William: Yes, exactly - that's it.

威廉:是啊,沒錯,就是這樣。

Wang Fei: So if this phrase exists, it must mean there are lots of other people like me?

王飛:如果這個短語存在,那也就是說有很多像我一樣的人了?

William: Well, you don't see many. Maybe you could try a trainspotting website.

威廉:嗯,可是你沒有看到很多和你一樣的人。也許你可以試試觀察火車的網站。

Wang Fei: Hang on. Is that... I think there's someone at the end of the platform in a long coat, with a clipboard… looks like he's waiting for a train!

王飛:等等。那是不是……我想站臺盡頭那個穿着長大衣、拿着夾板的人看起來像是在等火車!

William: Oh, well go and say hello, then.

威廉:哦,那就過去和他打個招呼吧。

Footsteps

腳步聲

Wang Fei: Hello, are you waiting for…

王飛:你好,你是不是在等……

Anorak: The Class 170 "Turbostar"…

有怪癖的人:我在等170“渦輪之星”

Wang Fei: British diesel-multiple-unit …

王飛:英國多組內燃動車列車……

Anorak: From Edinburgh, due to arrive at 1203…? Yes! And your name is?

有怪癖的人:從愛丁堡發生,將於12點零3到站?對,你叫什麼名字?

Train noise

火車的聲音

William: Well, I don't know. Whatever makes you happy! Bye from me.

威廉:嗯,我是不明白。不管怎樣,希望你開心!現在該說再見了。

重點講解:
1. in operation
使用;運作;
eg. Until the rail links are in operation, passengers can only travel through the tunnel by coach.
在鐵路連線開通之前,乘客只能乘坐長途客車穿越隧道。
eg. There are three ski lifts in operation.
有3臺滑雪纜車在運行。
2. be interested in
感興趣的;有興趣的;關心的;
eg. He's told people that he's interested in going hunting.
他跟大家說,他對外出打獵開始感興趣了。
eg. We're interested in the source of these fictitious rumours.
我們對這些子虛烏有的謠言從何而來很感興趣。
3. when it comes to
談到;涉及;
eg. Perspective taking is particularly useful when it comes to your boss.
面對上司的時候,換位思考尤其有效。
eg. When it comes to expressing himself he is no shrinking violet.
他在表達自己的想法時毫不羞怯。