日積月累學口語:該如何形容人有無能力和智慧(2)
1.痛失良機 Let something slip through one's fingers
你真蠢!這樣一個發大財的機會千載難逢,你怎能眼睜睜的讓他跑掉那?
You can’t be more stupid! How could you let such a golden opportunity to make big money slip through your fingers? It was an opportunity that comes once in a blue moon.
2.抓住機會 jump at the chance
這樣的好機會,你應該抓住
You should have jump at such a good chance.
3.嘴硬 never say uncle
那個孩子的嘴特別硬,打死他都不肯認錯
That boy never says uncle. He wouldn't admit he's wrong for the life of him.
4.有門道 have the means of
在掙錢方面,張先生可有門道了
g has always had the means of making money.
5.找到竅門get the hang of
我已經找到學習英語動詞的竅門了。
I've now got the hang of learning English verbs.
6.佔上風 gain the upper hand
比賽一開始,我們隊佔上風。可到最後卻失利了
At the beginning of the game our team gained the upper hand. But by and by, we lost our strength.
7.有資格 be in a position.
你沒有資格對他那樣講話,他是那兒的老闆
You're not in a position to talk to him like that; He's the boss there.
8.恭維話 blarney
只有傻瓜纔會相信你的花言巧語。
Only a fool will believe your blarney.