當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 商務禮節美語第143期:批評同事​

商務禮節美語第143期:批評同事​

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.71W 次

Criticizing a Co-Worker

商務禮節美語第143期:批評同事​

批評同事

陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作。他跟美國同事Amy一起往辦公室走。

(Office ambience)

A: Hi Chen Hao. How are you today?

C: 還可以,不過工作上有點煩心事。

A: Anything I can help you with?

C: 我們組來了個新同事,叫Sue. 她很有創意。

A: Why is there an issue?

C: 雖然她很有能力,但是靠不住。

A: In what way?

C: 每次來開會,她事先都不做準備。

A: Does she know what is expected?

C: 那當然,我們每次都提前公佈議事日程,佈置每個人的任務,但是Sue每次都空着手來。

A: Does she have a reason for coming unprepared?

C: 她覺得沒什麼大不了。一開會,就會提出一大堆創意。

A: Tell me why this is a problem.

C: 問題是,爲了她,我們每次上來還要重複開會的議題。她不做準備,結果是讓我們大家浪費時間。

A: I hate to cut this short, but we are both going to be late. Can we continue this conversation later?

C: 好,一會兒見。

中午吃飯時。

A: Tell me about your problem with Sue. You are the team leader. Have you talked to her about arriving unprepared?

C: 我作爲小組組長,也找她談過,但是沒用,她找出各種理由,而且她確實很有工作能力,我也不想失去她。

A: Sounds to me as if you need to talk to your boss now.

C: 告訴老闆?那不成打小報告了嗎?

A: If you have handled things right up to this point and given Sue a chance to correct her behavior, you need support from upper management.

C: 有沒有兩全其美的辦法,既能解決問題,又不對Sue構成傷害呢?

A: Do it as quickly as possible before the situation gets worse.

C: 去找老闆之前,我需要徵求其他同事的意見嗎?

A: That will only create more conflict and conversation plus cause additional trouble for you and Sue.

C: 具體該怎麼做?

A: Gather all your facts and documentation, making sure to separate any personal feelings from your professional opinions.

C: 這我知道,要如實說明情況,不能攙雜個人色彩。

A: When you approach your boss, give Sue credit for her talent and expertise before you mention her approach to team issues.

C: 好,還有呢?

A: Let your boss know what you have done to try to correct the problem and your ideas to correct the situation without losing Sue.

C: 我如果不去管它,情況會不會自己好起來呢?

A: It rarely does. You need to face the issue with your associate first as you already have. Since that has not worked, approach your boss and seek advice to resolve the issue to the benefit of all.