此時此刻比夢想更重要大綱
When I was a boy I dreamed of my future.
當我還是個小男孩的時候,我總夢想着未來的生活I was going to be a cowboy .
我想到自己長大當一個牛仔I loved all the old westerns on television.
因爲我喜歡所有電視里老舊的西部片
Then I dreamed of being a sailor
後來我又夢想自己會成爲水手and a soldier and fighting epic battles.
或者一個士兵,在戰場上一戰封神After that I dreamed of being a fire fighter
之後我又夢想自己成爲了消防員and rescuing people from burning buildings.
從熊熊燃燒的高樓裏拯救人們的生命I just couldn't wait to grow up and be an adult.
我簡直等不及要快快長大,做一個成年人了Then I went to college and those dreams changed.
之後我進了大學,那些夢想都改變了I thought I would be a psychologist,
我想我會成爲一位心理學家then I switched to being a teacher,
接着我又轉爲想要成爲教師and I also wanted to be a best selling author.
同時我還想成爲一名暢銷書作者When I married and had children my dreams of the future changed again.
當我結婚成家,生兒育女,我對未來的夢想又改變了Now it wasn't so much a certain career that I dreamed of
現在,我所夢想的不再單單是某種職業but a time when I could be settled and secure
而是夢想着什麼時候,我才能穩定下來,生活有保障and my family and I would finally be problem free.
我和家人終於能夠不再有任何煩惱That dream, of course, didn't happen.
那個夢,顯然,也沒有實現In fact, none of those dreams ever came to life.
事實上,那些夢想中沒有一個實現過It took me many years as well to realize that
其實我也花了許多年才明白living in a dream future was living in an illusion
活在夢想中的未來時,就是活在幻想裏and that each moment I spent there was taking a moment away from the precious Now.
我在這幻想之中多沉迷一刻,我在珍貴的“當下”所擁有的時間就會少一刻I saw that there could be no perfect, problem free future
我終於明白,世間並不存在完美而毫無瑕疵的未來時because problems are a part of life.
因爲問題是生活的一部分And I realized that I was wasting my days wishing for some dream to come true
我意識到,期盼着某個願望實現,這只是在浪費我的時間when I could be fully living and loving each day I am given.
那些時間,我本應去好好生活,去熱愛我被賜予的每個日子It is only in the Now that we can truly live.
只有在當下,我們才能真正活着It is only in the Now that we can truly love.
只有在當下,我們才能真正去愛Our dreams for the future are just that: dreams.
我們對未來的夢想只是夢想Whether they come true or not isn't as important as how we live each day here.
無論這夢想實現與否,更重要的是,我們如何度過當下的每一天A hug shared today can never be replaced.
今天,去擁抱彼此吧,這個擁抱將無可替代An act of kindness not given now is lost forever.
今天沒有付出的善舉,將永遠無法補救A moment of love missed can never be made up again.
如果錯過表達愛意的機會,也將於事無補Each second of the Now is precious and priceless.
當下的每一刻都萬分珍貴,千金難求Don't waste a one of them.
別浪費當下的一分一秒Embrace them.
擁抱它們Live them.
喚醒它們Love them all.
熱愛這其中的每一分一秒Always live in the Now with a heart full of love, a soul full of joy, and a life full of kindness.
永遠活在當下,帶着一顆充滿愛的心,一副充滿喜悅的靈魂,一股充滿友善的生命力。