這些看似簡單的英文句子,你能猜到什麼意思嗎???
1. If you think he is a good man, think again.
如果你認爲他是好人,那你就大錯特錯了。
2. If my mother had known of it she'd have died a second time.
要是我媽媽知道了,她會從棺材裏爬起來。
3. That took his breath away.
他大驚失色。(很形象的說法啊~)
4. The elevator girl reads between passengers.
開電梯的姑娘在沒有乘客時看書。
5. I must not stay here and do nothing.
我不能什麼都不做待在這兒。
6. I won't do it to save my life.
我死也不會做。
7. Nonsense, I don't think his painting is any better than yours.
胡說,我認爲他的畫比你好不到哪去。
8. Work once and work twice.
一次得手,再次不愁。
9. You don't want to do that.
你不應該去做。
10. My grandfather is nearly 90 and in his second childhood.
我祖父快90歲了,什麼事都需要別人來做。