當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 註定如此

註定如此

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.09K 次

Whenever I travel and get on the plane,
每次我乘飛機外出旅行
I usually carry two bags.
總是要帶兩隻包包
A big hand bag or a tote,
一隻大號的手提包或者手提袋
and a small shoulder bag.
還有一隻小揹包
The small shoulder bag is where I put the important stuff,
小揹包裏放的都是重要的東西
like my passport,
比如我的護照
so I could take it with me wherever I go.
以便無論人在哪裏都能隨手拿到
I had a 7-hour layover in Stockholm for my flight to Barcelona.
這次去巴塞羅那,中途要在斯德哥爾摩停留7個小時
It was enough time
時間綽綽有餘
to visit the old city
可以拜訪一下這個古老的城市
and come back to the airport.
再回到機場來
I was on my way to purchase a train ticket
我剛準備去買一張市內火車票
when I realized
忽然意識
my shoulder bag was missing
我的揹包不見了
I have never been so scared in my life.
我感到這輩子從未這樣驚慌過
I felt stuck.
我感到自己被困住了
Without a passport,
沒有護照
I cannot go back home to the US
我不能回到美國去
and I cannot move forward
也不可能再向前行
to my final destination in Spain either.
前往西班牙,到達我的目的地
The only thing I could think of
我唯一能想到的
was to go back to the arrival gate.
就是回頭走到機場入口
I went back to the sitting area
我回到候機廳
and looked around,
環顧四周
but it was nowhere to be found.
哪裏也找不到我的包
I saw the lady
我看到一位女士
who sat beside me on the plane
在飛機上她就坐在我旁邊
and asked her if she has seen it
我問她是否看到了我的包
and unfortunately,
很遺憾
she said no.
她說沒有
There was a deli stand right next to the waiting area,
候機廳邊上站着一個辦事員
so I asked the deli clerk
我問那個辦事員
if he has seen anything
他時候曾看到什麼被人遺落的東西
and to my surprise,
出乎意料的是
he said yes!
他竟說“有”
He said he has given it to an airport personnel though.
不過,他說他已經把包交給機場的工作人員了
I explained to the first airport employee
於是我對第一個機場工作人員說
that I saw what happened,
我看到了事情經過
and she immediately called someone for me.
她立刻爲我打了一通電話
As if,
似乎
she was already aware of the situation.
她已經洞悉了情況
Soon,
很快
I saw two men in uniform walking towards me
我看到兩個穿制服的人朝我走過來
and one of them was holding my bag.
其中一個拎着我的包
He asked me a couple of questions
他問了我幾個問題
just to make sure I was the right person
以便確認我就是失主
and after I answered correctly,
見我回答無誤
he handed it back to me…
他就把包還給了我
I was so grateful!
我充滿感激!
I could not stop thanking him.
我不停的向他道謝
I realized the reason why I lost it
我意識到, 自己會弄丟包包的原因
was because the strap broke off
是因爲包帶斷了
and it fell on the floor.
它掉到了地上
I went back to the deli clerk
我又轉頭去找那個辦事員
to thank him too
同樣感謝了他
and to ask how he found it.
然後問他是怎麼發現這件事的
He said
他說
someone picked it up off the floor
有人從地上把包包撿了起來
right in front of the stand
就在他的工作臺前面
and gave it to him.
並且把包交給了他
I could not believe the honesty I just witnessed.
我不敢相信,自己見證了這樣的誠義之舉
I understand
我知道
them returning my passport out of pity,
他們會出於同情把我的護照還給我
but they did not have to return the $500.00 cash that was in it too.
但他們本可不必歸還包裏的500美元現金
Three different people had a chance to take it,
有三個人曾有機會可以把錢拿走
the person who found it on the floor,
那個在地上找到包的人
the deli clerk,
那個辦事員
and the airport personnel.
還有那個機場工作人員
Between the three of them,
有這樣三個人
there was no way for me to know who could have taken it,
我根本無法知道到底是誰拿走了錢
if one of them did,
如果他們中間有人這樣做的話
and yet none of them did.
可是他們三人誰也沒有這樣做
And even if one of them did,
其實即使三人中有人拿了錢
it probably would not matter that much.
對他們也不會造成很壞的後果
I would just be so grateful
我還是會充滿感激
that my passport was returned to me.
因爲我的護照已經還給我了
Once again,
又一次
I was reminded that
我被提醒
when I reach a dead end
當我走到死衚衕
and it seems like there is no way out
—似乎已然無路可走
there is always a way out.
其實總會有出路
Where I was originally planning to visit did not work out,
我原本設定的目的地無法到達
so I decided to visit Barcelona instead.
於是我決定轉而拜訪一下巴薩羅那
I’m so glad I did,
我爲這個決定十分欣慰
it has become my most favorite destination.
它已經成爲了我最喜歡的旅行目的地

註定如此