當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 我沒錢去看男朋友的演出

我沒錢去看男朋友的演出

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.52K 次

My boyfriend is a ballet dancer
我男朋友是一個芭蕾舞演員
and performing out of state for the first time.
第一次要去外省演出
The distance is difficult,
異地戀對我們來說都是煎熬

but phone calls and video chats help make us feel a little bit closer.
還好,電話和視頻聊天能讓我們感到靠近了一點點
I've been worrying about money
我一直在爲錢的事情擔心
and can't afford the trip or the tickets to his show,
我支付不起路費,也沒錢買票去看他的演出
so I try to make sure he feels loved and supported every day.
所以我竭力讓他每天都感受到我的愛意和支持
He called me last night well after I had gone to bed,
昨晚,我已經睡了,他打來了電話
so when the call woke me up I answered with a sinking feeling.
我被電話吵醒,接聽的時候情緒有點不好
He'd had a rough rehearsal ,
他那天的排練情況很糟糕
and a snooty dancer had hurt his feelings,
一個目中無人的演員傷害了他的自尊心
but this wasn't what the call was about.
不過,這些都不是他打來電話的原因
He had been awake thinking about me; missing me.
其實他只是想告訴我,他一直睡不着,想着我,思念我
He was going to be getting his paycheck for the week,
他快要拿到這個星期的報酬了
and was offering every penny to me
他會把每一分錢都交給我
so that I could come to the show.
這樣我就可以來看演出了
As a young dancer, he doesn't make much.
作爲一個資歷尚淺的演員,他賺的錢不多
The long hours in the studio make it hard to hold an outside job,
整日待在練功房裏,他很難在社會上找到工作
and each venue pays differently.
每個音樂廳支付的價錢都不一樣
The money he does make goes to the necessities
他賺的錢都花在了刀刃上
with very little if any left over.
餘錢很少,甚至沒有。
To offer me his money is a big deal.
把他的工資都交給我,這非同小可。
To offer me his check is for him to go without for the week.
錢都給了我,就意味着他一整個星期一分錢都沒有
Little did he know that I, too, was trying to get myself to his show.
他還不知道,我自己也在努力賺錢,希望能去看他的演出
I have been finding side gigs and selling things here and there to save up,
我一直在四處尋找兼職,在各個商店當收銀員,以此努力攢錢
thinking that even if I end up traveling for a day on the Greyhound,
心想着,即便要坐一整天的長途汽車
and even if I have to stand in the lobby instead of sit in the theater,
即便我不得不站在劇院的門廳裏,而不是坐在禮堂裏
I am going to be there for him.
爲了他,我一定要去
I think sometimes we get so focused on merely surviving
我想,有時候我們都專注於潦草度日
that we forget about what's important.
卻忘了真正重要的事情
It was easy to say "Oh if I don't have the money, I can't go."
說一句“哦,我沒有足夠的錢,我去不了。”是很簡單的事情
until I realized that it was about more than that.
但是,我意識到,這件事還有更重要的意義
It's about supporting the ones you love
意義在於,支持你所愛的人
and being there for them,
在他們需要時陪伴他們
in whatever way you can be.
不管你以何種方式站在那裏
We are both willing to sacrifice what little we have... for each other,
爲了彼此,我們願意傾其所有的付出
and I think that's worth everything.
我想,這樣就夠了

我沒錢去看男朋友的演出