當前位置

首頁 > 英語詞彙 > 常用英語單詞 > 20個爲你加分的常見習語

20個爲你加分的常見習語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.67W 次

the nick of time: 緊要關頭。

ing-bottom: 23.91%;">20個爲你加分的常見習語

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!


你剛好在那個時候幫我找到了主旨,我的老師就安排了一場關於閱讀技巧的測驗,我通過了!


the cat out of the bag: 說出祕密。


Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.


如果你先保守祕密的話,布雷迪的驚喜派對會非常棒的!


the chips fall where they may: 讓某事發生,不管其是好是壞。


I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.


不管結果怎樣,我都會去試試參加啦啦隊。


your marbles:變得瘋狂。


Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!


我媽媽真是要瘋了;這個星期她讓我寫了七篇ACT的作文!


in a blue moon: 罕見的。


In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.


在弗羅裏達,氣溫降到零度以下是非常罕見的。


n as day: 顯而易見的。


It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.


顯而易見你已經愛上她了,承認吧。


second fiddle: 居次位。


I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!


我真是討厭落在我姐姐的下風,她總是比我做的好!


your foot in your mouth: 說錯話。


Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.


傑西卡居然在約翰失業後問起他的工作,真是說錯話了。


yourself together: 冷靜下來;振作起來。


Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.


振作起來,兄弟!雖然你被女朋友甩了,又被車撞了,但你不能讓這些事把你擊垮。


and tired: 被打擾或困擾。


She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.


她的狗每天都會啃她的鞋子,讓她鬱悶不已。


p on it: 在做決定前先考慮一會。


Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.


今天先不要告訴我你會不會跟我一起搬去德州。先考慮一下,明天再回復我。


as a bug in a rug:溫暖舒適的;滿足的。


That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.


那個小寶貝蜷縮在媽媽的身邊,一副很舒服滿足的樣子。


13. Step up your game:  迎頭趕上。


Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!


聽着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老師的課上得全A,就得奮起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!


k your nose into something: 干涉。


Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.


莎倫經常干涉別人的事。


ight from the horse’s mouth: 來自最可靠的消息。


Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!


據最可靠的消息說,我們這周都會領到獎金啦!


it easy: 放鬆。


I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.


我知道你難受,今天試着放鬆一下吧。


of the iceberg: 一個較大問題的顯而易見的一小部分;冰山一角。


The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.


卡莉和黑手黨的人見面的事實只是冰山一角,她還參與向這個國家走私違禁品。


not see the wood for the trees: 一葉障目;只看到細節而未注意到最重要的事實。


She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.


她總是在一些雞毛蒜皮的事上不肯罷休;就像看不到最重要的部分一樣。


a creek without a paddle:處於困境之中。


If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.


如果你沒錢支付汽車的修理費的話,那就麻煩了,因爲你休想要回你的車。


rock!: 你真棒!


Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.


兄弟你真棒!謝謝你主動提出照顧我的蜥蜴一整週。


聲明:本雙語文章的中文翻譯系原創內容,轉載請註明出處。中文翻譯僅代表譯者個人觀點,僅供參考。如有不妥之處,歡迎指正。