當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第158期:Put All Your Eggs in One Basket

一分鐘英語 第158期:Put All Your Eggs in One Basket

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.73K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

On the Easter holiday, some American children search for painted eggs and put them in a basket.

在復活節假期,美國一些兒童會尋找彩蛋,然後把它們放在一個籃子裏。

Put all your eggs in one basket

孤注一擲

Have you decided which business school to apply to?

你決定了申請哪所商學院了麼?

I really, really want to go to Harvard Business School. So, I'm just applying to that one.

我特別、特別想去哈佛商學院。所以,我就申請這一所學校。

You are putting all your eggs in one basket.

你這是孤注一擲了啊。

Don't you think you should apply to more than one, just in case... In case what?

你不覺得應該再申請其他幾個學校,以防...以防什麼?

In case you don't get in?

以防你沒有被錄取

一分鐘英語 第158期:Put All Your Eggs in One Basket

If you "put all your eggs in one basket", you put all of your resources in one place.

如果你“把所有的雞蛋放到一個籃子裏”,那就意味着你把所有的資源投入了一個地方。

If you do this, you risk losing everything.

當你這樣做時,你就有失去一切的風險。

We usually use this as a warning: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket!"

我們通常用這句話做警示語:“不要把所有的雞蛋放在同一個籃子裏!”

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!