當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第99期:Keep your eye on the ball

一分鐘英語 第99期:Keep your eye on the ball

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.43W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

A lot of idioms in American English come from sports.

美語中大量習語來源於體育。

Here is one that comes from baseball: Keep your eye on the ball.

下面的習語就是個例子:全神貫注

Let's learn how to use this expression when not talking about sports.

讓我們來學習如何在不談論體育的情況下使用這個表達吧。

padding-bottom: 55.44%;">一分鐘英語 第99期:Keep your eye on the ball

Hey, Jonathan! How is your Arabic class going?

嗨,喬納森!你的阿拉伯語課上的怎麼樣啦?

It's going okay. I'm not studying as much as I should be.

還不錯。不過我並沒有很努力地學習。

Jonathan, you had better keep your eye on the ball if you want to win that scholarship to study in Egypt. Study harder!

喬納森,如果你真想贏得獎學金、去埃及讀書的話,你最好集中精力好好學習。加把勁兒!

I know. I know. You're right.

我知道。我知道。你說的對。

To "keep your eye on the ball" means to keep your attention on something important to you, usually to reach a goal.

"集中精力"表示,集中注意力在某件對你來說重要的事情上,通常是爲了實現某個目標。

This idiom can be used in all situations.

這個習語適用於任何情況。

In our example, Anna tells Jonathan he needs to keep his eye on the ball if he wants to get a scholarship.

在今天的例子中,安娜告訴喬納森,他需要集中精力,如果想要拿到獎學金。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!