當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第95期:That Ship Has Sailed

一分鐘英語 第95期:That Ship Has Sailed

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.97K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Sailing on a ship can be a fun way to travel.

乘船出遊是旅行的一種有趣方式。

But are Jonathan and Anna talking about travel here? That Ship Has Sailed.

但是今天喬納森和安娜談論的話題與旅行有關嗎?爲時已晚

Hey, Jonathan. My friend Stella has changed her mind.

嗨,喬納森。我朋友斯特拉改變主意了。

She would love to go out with your friend Rocky.

她願意和你朋友洛基去約會了。

That was months ago! That ship has sailed.

那都是幾個月前的事兒了!爲時太晚了。

padding-bottom: 57.34%;">一分鐘英語 第95期:That Ship Has Sailed

What do you mean? There's always a chance for love!

你的意思是什麼?永遠有機會得到愛情!

Not this time. Rocky got married last week.

可惜不是這次。洛基上週結婚了。

Oh. You're right. That ship has sailed.

噢。你說的對。爲時已晚。

When a ship sails it sets off on its trip.

船起航意味着它開始了某次航行旅程。

The expression "that ship has sailed" means your chance to do something has passed.

這個短語表示你丟掉了做某件事的機會。

Now, if you don't like boating to get seasick, you can also say "that train has left the station."

如果你不喜歡划船,或者你暈船了,你也可以說"爲時已晚了"。

They both mean the same thing—you are too late!

這兩個短語表示相同的含義,即爲時已晚!

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!