當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第49期:Breath of Fresh Air 新事物

一分鐘英語 第49期:Breath of Fresh Air 新事物

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.36K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.

padding-bottom: 56.25%;">一分鐘英語 第49期:Breath of Fresh Air 新事物
歡迎收聽《一分鐘英語》,在這裏我們將教授您一些美式俚語。

Imagine you are standing outside after a rain storm, and you take a deep breath.

想象你自己站在雨後的室外,深吸一口氣。

Its new, fresh, and it smells good.

空氣很新鮮,好聞極了。

But what does this have to do with American English?

但是這和美語有什麼關係呢?

I love the new baseball coach.

我喜歡新的棒球教練。

He's got great ideas for making us better players.

他的訓練方法很好,能把我們訓練成更好的棒球手。

He does. He's like a breath of fresh air for the team.

確實是的。他就像是棒球隊的一股新鮮空氣,讓棒球隊耳目一新。

"A breath of fresh air" means something new.

“新鮮空氣”(A breath of fresh air)是用來形容新事物的。

It's a nice change from the way things used to be.

這是一種很好的改變。

You can use this phrase to describe an event, a place, or even a person.

你可以用這個短語去形容一件事,一個地方,甚至是一個人。

And you can use this phrase in any situation.

你可以把這個短語用在任何場合。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。