當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第88期:Know the Ropes 知道內情

一分鐘英語 第88期:Know the Ropes 知道內情

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.06W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目。

Americans use this idiom in both business and personal conversations: Know The Ropes

美國人在進行商業會話和私人談話的時候會使用這個習語。瞭解內情

I get to go to New York City next month for the first time.

下個月我要去紐約了,這還是我第一次去。

I am really excited, but also nervous about finding my way around.

我真的很開心,但也有點擔心如何找到正確的路線。

Here is what you should do. Call my friend Sierra.

你應該這麼做。給我的朋友茜拉打電話。

She has lived in New York for more than 15 years.

她住在紐約超過15年了。

She knows the ropes, and she would be happy to show you around.

她熟悉情況,她也會很開心帶你四處逛逛的。

一分鐘英語 第88期:Know the Ropes 知道內情

If you know the ropes, you know how to do something, or how to get something done.

如果你瞭解內情,你就會知道如何做這個事情,或者說如何完成某件事。

You know about a certain situation or how a job works.

你瞭解某個特定的情況,或知道某項工作到底是怎樣運行的。

This idiom probably comes from sailing.

這個習語可能來自於航海。

To be a good sailor, one must know how to tie and use the ropes and sails.

一個人要想成爲一名優秀的水手,他必須知道如何繫緊和使用繩索和船帆。

If you are good at something, you can say you know the ropes!

假若你擅長於某件事,你就可以使用這個習語了!

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!