當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 美國人嘴邊最常說的話2

美國人嘴邊最常說的話2

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.52W 次

He's got a gift 他很有天賦

You should really continue with your tennis lessons. You have a gift and I think you can have the chance to get into a pro.

你真該繼續上網球課.你很有天賦.我覺得你會有機會進入職業隊的. 職業隊

He really has a gift with the ladies. He always has a date on Friday night.

他對女人很有一套.週五晚上他總有約會的.

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">美國人嘴邊最常說的話2



Get in the middle of 插手……,捲入……

It has nothing to do with are you getting in the middle of their arguments?

這事跟你一點關係都沒有。你幹嗎攪合到他們的爭論中呢?

I started working in a part time for a consulting I'm right getting in the middle of this huge deal.I don't understand how my job became so important.

我在一家諮詢公司做兼職。現在我正接手一樁大買賣。我不知道我的工作怎麼變得這麼重要了。




See your way clear of something:避免

If you don't want to get caught in that storm. You'd better see your way clear of highway 27.

你要是不想遭遇暴風雪,最好避開27號高速路。

To be that situation in life, you really need to see your way clear of a lot of temptation.

在那種境況下,你真的要抵禦很多誘惑。




cut to the chase:說話直截了當,切入正題

Let's cut to the chase.

我們直入主題吧。

Cut to the chase! We're tired of the story already.

直入主題吧! 我們已經聽厭了這類故事。



Round and round:說話兜圈子

Look, we can go round and round all the afternoon, but we have to make a decision on the investment today.

聽着,我們可以整個下午都一直兜圈子,可關於投資問題,我們今天必須做出決定。

You keep going round and round on the subject. Do you want to join the team our not?

你總是在兜圈子。你到底想不想參加進來?



you bet當然,肯定地,沒問題

Can you help with my homework?

You bet. I just took this course last year.

你能幫我看看作業嗎?

沒問題。我去年剛學完這科。

You bet we’re going to the concert. We just got a great deal on tickets.

我們當然要去聽音樂會了。我們拿到了幾張優惠票。




Pep talk 鼓舞士氣的講話

My boss gave me a great pep talk before the big meeting.I think it really helped me to close the deal.

在會議之前,老闆給我很多鼓勵,這使我能夠把單子簽下來。

The team was given a pep talk on the morning of the big match.

運動隊在大賽當天早晨聽了一次鼓舞士氣的講話。

You give one heel of pep talk.

你的話真鼓舞人心。

Angela needed a good pep talk after she didn't get asked to the prom.

沒有人請Angela跳舞,我們該給她一點鼓勵。



Make sth harder than it has to be把……弄得很複雜

Dave is making it harder than it has to be by insisting we wait for the red light before we cross the street.

戴維堅持要等紅燈變綠燈我們才能過馬路。他真是多此一舉。

Don't make it harder than it has to do what boss says so we can all get out here early.

你就別添亂了,按老闆說的去做,我們都能早早收工。




Be tough on sb

1. 對…來說很難 be very hard to accomplish one's goal.。

Now I know all these studying is tough on when you get accepted to college you'll be happy.

我知道現在對你來說學習很難,可一旦你上了大學,你的前途就一片光明瞭。

2. 對……要求嚴格,苛刻

The coach was just being tough on you because he can see your potential.

教練對你要求嚴格是因爲他知道你很有潛力。




She's in pretty bad shape.她的狀況很不好.

That bicycle is in pretty bad shape.I'll only give you 30 bucks for that.

這輛自行車這麼爛,我只出30塊錢。

He was in pretty bad shape after his girlfriend broke up with him.

因爲跟女朋友分手了,所以他的精神狀況非常糟。