當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > Faith口語天天學第167期:沒有你我活得更好

Faith口語天天學第167期:沒有你我活得更好

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.5K 次

生活是美好的,心情是快樂的。 大家好,歡迎《Faith口語課堂-天天學》的新老學員們,我是Faith老師,新的一天又迎來了我們新的一課。準備好了嗎?現在開始上課
These days I'm considering leaving my boyfriend, I might be better off without him. 我這幾天一直在考慮要離開我的男友,爲什麼呢?學完本課,你就會知道我的後半句英語爲何意了。

Faith口語天天學第167期:沒有你我活得更好

Grasp vt. 抓住,抓緊;理解,領會

He grasped my arm. 他抓住我的手臂。

I don't grasp the meaning. 我不懂這個意思。

People gain initiative only when they grasp the rules of things. 人們掌握了事物的規律就會獲得主動權。

Grasp vi. 抓,伸手拿,想抓住;攫取(常與 at 連用)

He grasped at the opportunity. 他抓住了機會。

Grasp n. 抓住;理解

I kept her hand in my grasp. 我抓住她的手。

She has a good grasp of the English language. 她精通英語。

Be better off 更富裕;生活更好

They are much better off now. 他們的生活比過去好得多。

I was better off living alone. 我獨自生活反而自在多了。

"I'd be better off dead," the poor old man said. “我倒不如死了的好。”可憐的老頭說。

Compared with those who are suffering, we are better off. 跟那些受苦的人相比,我們過得很好了。

Be better off without 意爲“沒有……生活反而更好”

We'd be better off without them as neighbors. 要是沒有他們這樣的鄰居,我們會過得更愉快。

you.will be better off without your abusive boyfriend. 沒有你那個虐待狂男友,你會好過且快樂些。

Listen, Roger, I'm better off without you. 聽着,羅傑,沒有你我活得更好!