當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第578期:對愛抱怨的人就該這麼懟!

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第578期:對愛抱怨的人就該這麼懟!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.9W 次

kvetch /kvetʃ/
抱怨;愛抱怨的人
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a kvetch.
對不起,我並不想一直抱怨。
Stop whining.
別發牢騷了。
a damp squib
空歡喜一場

A: This hotel room sucks.
這家賓館的房間真爛。
B: Oh, stop complaining. We only have to stay here for one night.
別再抱怨了,我們只不過在這兒住一個晚上而已。
A: But the carpet smells like a wet dog and the bed is as hard as a rock.
可是這地毯聞起來有發黴的味道,而且牀硬的像石頭。
B: Why do you always have to kvetch? Let's just enjoy our vacation.
爲什麼你老是在挑刺?我們就好好享受假期吧。
A: Maybe I should complain to the manager.
或許我應該像賓館經理反映
B: Please, just stop whining. Let's go down to the pool for a swim.
拜託,別再發牢騷了,我們下樓去泳池遊個泳。
A: I'm sure the poor will turn out to be a damp squib as well.
我可以肯定那個游泳池肯定也是空歡喜一場。
B: Look, Phil. This hotel is not what I expected either, but there's nothing we can do about it.
聽着,菲爾,這家賓館也不如我所期待,但是我們不能改變什麼。
A: Oh, okay, then. Finish your coffee and we'll go for a swim.
好吧,等你把咖啡喝完我們就去游泳。
B: I don't want to finish my coffee.
我不想把這杯咖啡喝光。
A: Why not?
爲什麼?
B: It sucks.
很難喝。

padding-bottom: 66.56%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第578期:對愛抱怨的人就該這麼懟!