當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第424期:Bus Ride 乘坐公交車

美語情景對話 第424期:Bus Ride 乘坐公交車

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.82K 次

Todd: Hey, Akane, the other day we were coming home on the bus and I got off the bus and I thought you were on the same bus as us, but when I started walking home, you weren't around. What happened?

託德:嘿,茜,那天我們坐公交車回家,我覺得你和我們在同一輛公交車上,可是我下車往家走的時候,並沒有看到你。發生什麼事了?

Akane: Well, it's kind of a funny story actually. I fell asleep on the bus and I was so tired that afternoon. It was a Friday afternoon and I'd had a long week and just fell deep into sleep and I really didn't notice when we were at the end of the bus ride and we were at the station, and then I was really upset because the bus driver didn't say anything and so I just kept sleeping and by the time I woke up and noticed we were on our way back to the school again. Yes, and I didn't get a chance to press the button and get off until I was almost halfway to the school, so I ended up getting home really late and even more tired and it wasn't a very good experience at all.

茜:這實際上有點搞笑。那天我在公交車上睡着了,因爲我那天下午太累了。那是週五下午,整整工作一週很累,所以我睡着了,我真的沒有注意到我們到了公交車總站,之後我非常惱火,因爲公交車司機什麼都沒說,我只是一直在睡覺,等我醒過來的時候我發現我們正在返回學校的路上。離學校還有一半路程的時候我纔有機會按按鈕下車,所以我非常晚纔到家,而且我更累了,那次經歷太糟糕了。

Todd: Did you say anything to the bus driver when you got off?

託德:你下車的時候有沒有跟公交車司機說什麼?

Akane: No, I didn't because I was so flustered and I was in a rush to get off that I didn't really get to say anything.

茜:沒有,我沒有說的原因是我太慌亂了,而且我很着急下車,所以我什麼都沒說。

Todd: Oh, that must have been so annoying.

託德:哦,那一定很讓人生氣。

Akane: It was.

茜:的確是。

Todd: So what time did you actually make it home?

託德:那你幾點到的家?

Akane: I think it was around 7:30, maybe.

茜:我想大概7點半左右。

Todd: Well, the next time we come home, I'll look for you and I'll make sure to wake you up.

託德:嗯,下次回家的時候我會注意你的,而且我保證會叫醒你。

Akane: For sure, and make sure to look in the back seat and make sure I'm not lying down horizontally because I think that's maybe how the bus driver missed out on the fact I was there.

茜:一定要確保看看後排的座位,確保我沒有平躺在椅子上,因爲我想那可能是公交車司機沒有意識到我在那裏的原因。

美語情景對話 第424期:Bus Ride 乘坐公交車

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. get off
下車;
eg. I get off at the next station.
我在下一站下車。
eg. Wait until the bus is stationary before you get off.
你要等公共汽車停穩了再下車。
2. fall asleep
入睡;睡着;進入夢鄉;
eg. Poor sleepers take longer to fall asleep than good sleepers.
與睡眠好的人相比,睡眠不好的人要花更長的時間才能入睡。
eg. He tried to fall asleep, but a sense of uneasiness tugged at him.
他試着睡去, 可是一種不安的感覺牽扯着他。
3. in a rush
急急忙忙;匆忙;
eg. So sorry to have kept you waiting, but we're rather in a rush today.
很對不起,讓你久等了,不過我們今天真的是很忙。
eg. That's what happens when you're always in a rush.
在你趕時間的時候,這種事情經常發生。
4. for sure
無疑;肯定;
eg. We cannot say for sure what will happen.
我們無法確定會發生什麼事。
eg. Well, we can't cut the research budget, that's for sure.
嗯, 我們不能削減研究的預算, 這是肯定的。
5. lie down
躺下(休息或睡眠);
eg. If you feel unwell, go and lie down.
如果你感到不舒服,就去躺下。
eg. She could lie down and sleep for days.
她可以躺下來,睡它個三天五天。
6. miss out on
沒有參加,錯過(對自己有益或有趣的事);
eg. However hard you try, you'll always miss out on something in life. Let's just enjoy the moment.
不管你怎麼趕,人生中總有抓不住的,享受當下吧!
eg. I cannot miss out on such an interesting event!
這麼好玩的活動怎麼能少了我呢!