當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學) 第4期:Other half我的那位

The english we speak(BBC教學) 第4期:Other half我的那位

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.37W 次

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學) 第4期:Other half我的那位

Li:Hi Neil, how are you.

Li:你好尼爾,最近怎麼樣?

Neil:I'm fine thanks, how are you Li?I'm good.

Neil:謝謝我很好。小李你怎麼樣?我很好。

Li:Are you free on Saturday evening?

Li:你週六晚上有空嗎?

I'm holding a small dinner rday?

我要舉辦一個小型的晚餐派對。週六嗎?

Neil:Yeah, that would be fantastic but I'd better just check with my other half.

Neil:那好極了但是我最好和我的那位確認一下。

Li:Your other half?

Li:你的那位?

Li:What do you mean?

Li:什麼意思?

Neil:Yes I'm not sure if my wife has anything planned for Saturday.

Neil:是的,我不確定我妻子週六是否有安排。

Li:Oh!I did not know you call your wife your other half.

Li:哦,我之前不知道你稱你的妻子爲你的那位。

That's interesting.

真有意思。

Neil:Yes.

Neil:是啊。

Neil:That's a phrase often used by married couples to refer to each other.

Neil:這是夫妻之間互相用來稱呼對方的短語。

Li:That's useful to know.

Li:長知識了。

Let's hear some examples:

我們來聽一些例子吧:

A:How's your other half?

你的那位怎麼樣?

Is she feeling better?

她好些了嗎?

B:Yes, she is much better, thanks.

是的,她好多了。謝謝。

Lady:I like the colour of the car but I should ask my other half before I buy it.

我喜歡這車的顏色但是我買之前應該問一下我的那位。

A:Fancy another pint, John?

再來一品脫嗎,約翰?

B:I'd love another pint but I have promised my other half I'll be home early.

我也想但是我已經答應了我的那位我會早點回家。

Neil:So, people often refer to their partner as their other half.

Neil:所以人們經常用“他們的那位”來稱呼他們的伴侶。

Li:Can this phrase be used to refer to both a husband and a wife?

這個短語即可以用來稱呼丈夫也可以用來稱呼妻子嗎?

Neil:Yes, that's correct.

Neil:對。

Neil:And sometimes a man will refer to his wife as his better half.

Neil:有時一個男人也會稱他的妻子爲“更好的那位”。

Li:Better half?

Li:更好的那位?

Of course the woman is always the better half!

當然了,妻子總是更好的那位!

would not you agree?

難道不同意嗎?

Neil:Of course!

Neil:當然!

My wife always reminds me that she's my better half!

我的妻子老是提醒我她是我的更好的那位!

Li:Let's listen to a couple of examples:

我們再來聽兩個例子吧:

A:Oh what a lovely room, you've made a great job of this.

歐,多麼可愛的房間!你一定花了很多功夫。

B:Thanks, but compliments should really go to my better half, she chose all the colours and the furniture.

謝謝,但是應該表揚的是我的妻子,是她選了所有的顏色和傢俱。

A:Thanks for dinner last night.

謝謝昨晚的晚餐。

The food was fantastic!

食物太棒了!

B:You're welcome.I'm glad you enjoyed it.

不用謝,我很高興你喜歡。

It was a fun evening.

真是個愉快的夜晚。

I'm really lucky, my better half is a great cook, I just have to do all the washing up.

我真的很幸運,我的妻子廚藝超讚,我只是負責洗碗。

Li:I'm sure your wife thinks you are the better half although she may not say it.

Li:我敢肯定你妻子肯定覺得你也是更好的那位儘管她可能不會說出來。

Neil:I hope so.

Neil:我希望如此。

Li:Well, just check with your better half and let me know if you are coming on Saturday.

Li:呃,和你的那位確認一下然後告訴我你週六是否能來。

Neil:I will do, thank you.

Neil:我會的。謝謝。