當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 時尚英語話題第36期:What's the Rush? 放慢腳步 享受生活

時尚英語話題第36期:What's the Rush? 放慢腳步 享受生活

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.17K 次

What's the Rush?

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">時尚英語話題第36期:What's the Rush? 放慢腳步 享受生活
放慢腳步 享受生活

Sometimes I think we need to get off this wild ride----the ride we call life-----as we know it.

有時我在想我們需要離開我們稱之爲生活的東西—我們都瞭解這一點。

As the song goes, “slow down, you're moving too fast, you got to make the good times last.”

就如同歌中所唱的:“放慢你的腳步,你太快了,你必須讓最好的時光在最後到來。”

Why have we become addicted to fast, and still it's not good enough?

爲什麼我們沉迷於快節奏,但仍然覺得不夠快?

Computers and gadgets need to be faster and faster.

電腦和各種小東西需要得越來越快。

Fast food can't get fast enough.

不能再快的快餐。

I recently went to a wedding, and it was over so quickly.

我最近去參加了一次婚禮,它結束的非常快。

We don't want to wait for other cars;

我們不想等待其他車輛;

we want the ultimate fast lane, with the ultimate speed.

我們希望終極快車道與終極速度。

Heck, if we could afford it.

見鬼,如果我們能負擔得起的話。

I'm sure we would take rockets instead of planes.

我確信我們會搭乘火箭,而不是飛機。

But even that's not fast enough.

但即使是這樣還不夠快。

Until the science fictions dream of moving one place to another in a blink of an eye becomes reality, we'll be unhappy.

也許像科幻片那樣一眨眼就從一個地方移動到另一個地方變成現實,我們也會不高興。

Perhaps speed is not the answer to happiness all the time.

也許速度並不一直是是幸福的答案。

Once in a while, slowing down is the answer.

有時放慢腳步纔是答案。

At least enjoy the ride we call life.

至少享受下我們稱之爲生活的這個過程。

It's not just about getting to the end----the end will come, but enjoying the trip.

這不僅僅是結束——最終都會結束,但享受過程才至關重要。

That's what I need to do more of.

這就是我還需要做更多的。

What about you? Even if you win the rat race, you are still a rat!

你呢?即使你贏了激烈的競爭,但你依然是一隻老鼠!

Talk about it:

談論下面的話題:

Are you impatient?

你是一個焦急的人嗎?

How often do you eat fast food?

你多久吃一次快餐?

Are you happy with the speed of your computer or your internet connection?

你對電腦的速度或互聯網連接滿意嗎?

Do you wish could slow your life down a little?

你希望你的生活放慢一點嗎?

What do you think people who are always in a hurry?

你如何看待總是忙忙碌碌的人?

Do you take time out during the day and try to slow things down?

你在白天會花時間儘量放慢腳步嗎?

What can people do to slowing their life down and not be in such a hurry?

人們會做什麼來讓放慢自己的生活腳步而不是匆匆忙忙?

Do you know what the expression “take time to smell the roses” means?

你知道 “花時間去聞玫瑰的香味” 這個表達是什麼意思嗎?

Dose this expression apply to your life?

你的生活就是這樣一種表達嗎?

Are you happy with the current pace of your life?

你滿意目前生活的節奏的嗎?