當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第808期:嫁給靈魂伴侶

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第808期:嫁給靈魂伴侶

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.53W 次

soulmate

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第808期:嫁給靈魂伴侶

靈魂伴侶;知音


I won't settle if he isn't my soulmate.

如果他不是我的“唯一”,我不會安定下來的。


學單詞

engaged

已訂婚的


Mary was engaged to Joe.

瑪麗和喬訂婚了。


propose

求婚

propose to sb

向某人求婚

He proposed to me.

他向我求婚了。


meant to be with each other/be perfect for each other

天生一對


經典對話


A: Have you heard the big news?

你聽說那個特大新聞了嗎?


B: What big news?

什麼特大新聞?


A: Olivia and Nicholas are engaged. He proposed to her last night at a fancy restaurant.

奧利維亞和尼古拉斯訂婚了,他昨晚在一家高級餐廳向她求婚了。


B: I didn't even know they were dating.

我壓根就不知道他們倆在約會。


A: After Nicholas' ex-girlfriend cheated on him, they realized that they had a great friendship and that maybe they were meant to be with each other.

尼古拉斯的前女朋友背叛了他之後,他們才意識到彼此的友情有多深後,對方纔是自己的那個人。


B: They really are perfect for each other. I can't think of a better matched couple than them.

他們倆真是天生一對,真是再沒有什麼人比他倆更般配了。


A: I heard that they're planning to have an extravagant wedding ceremony in a church with a reception in an expensive restaurant on the lake.

我聽說他們打算在教堂辦一場豪華的婚禮,還在湖邊的一家高級餐廳訂了酒席。


B: Have they asked anyone to be in a wedding party yet?

他們還有沒有請人蔘加他們的婚禮?


A: I think Nicholas asked Jack to be his best man and olivia asked Kate to be her maid of honor.

我想尼古拉斯會邀請傑克做伴郎。奧利維亞會邀請凱特做伴娘。


B: It sounds like they've done a lot of planning in a very short time. Have they decided where they're going to go for their honeymoon?

好像他倆在很短的時間裏策劃了很多事情,他們決定去哪裏度蜜月了嗎?


A: I haven't heard where they will go yet, but I bet you they'll go to a beach somewhere. You know how they both love surfing.

這個倒還沒有聽說,不過我敢打賭肯定會去海邊。你知道的,他們倆有多喜歡衝浪。


B: You know most people find it difficult to find their soulmate, but they've made it seem extremely easy.

要知道,想找個心靈相通的伴侶有多難,可是他們倆好像手到擒來。