當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語聽力 > 劍橋雅思英語聽力

劍橋雅思英語聽力

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.97W 次

看看劍橋雅思英語聽力都有什麼可以給我們看的。下面是本站小編給大家整理的劍橋雅思英語聽力的相關知識,供大家參閱!

ing-bottom: 140.04%;">劍橋雅思英語聽力
  劍橋雅思英語聽力篇1

Hi, Joanna, good to meet you.

你好,Joanna,很高興見到你。

Now, before we discuss your new research project,

在我們討論你的新研究項目之前,

I'd like to hear something about the psychology study you did last year for your Master'sdegree.

我想聽一聽你去年讀碩士的時候做過的心理學研究。

So how did you choose your subjects for that?

你當時是怎麼選擇的研究對象?

Well, I had six subjects, all professional musicians, and all female.

我有六個研究對象,全都是專業的音樂家,而且都是女性。

Three were violinists and there was also a cello player and a pianist and a flute player.

其中三位是小提琴家,還有一位大提琴演奏家,一位鋼琴家和一位長笛演奏家。

They were all very highly regarded in the music world and they'd done quite extensive tours indifferent continents,

她們在音樂界聲望都很高,而且在不同大洲還做過大量的巡迴演出,

and quite a few had won prizes and competitions as well.

她們中不少還贏過一些獎項和比賽。

And they were quite young, weren't they?

而且她們還都相當年輕,對吧?

Yes, between 25 and 29 — the mean was 27.8.

是的,都在25-29歲之間,平均年齡是27.8。

I wasn't specifically looking for artists who'd produced recordings

我本來並沒有一定要找出過專輯的藝術家,

but this is something that's just taken for granted these days and they all had.

但是最近這件事直接被當成理所當然的了,而且她們全都出過專輯。

Right. Now you collected your data through telephone interviews, didn't you?

好吧,你是通過電話採訪收集的資料,對嗎?

Yes. I realised if I was going to interview leading musicians it'd only be possible over the phonebecause they're so busy.

是的,我知道如果要採訪這些重要的音樂家的話,就只能通過電話纔有可能了,因爲她們都特別忙。

I recorded them using a telephone recording adaptor.

我用一個電話錄音轉接器把跟她們的談話內容錄了下來。

I'd been worried about the quality, but it worked out all right.

我之前一直擔心錄音的音質,不過結果發現還不錯。

I managed at least a 30-minute interview with each subject, sometimes longer.

我設法和每位研究對象進行了一段至少30分鐘的採訪,有的時間更長。

Did doing it on the phone make it more stressful?

通過電話採訪有沒有讓你覺得壓力更大?

I'd thought it was all quite informal though and in fact they seemed very keen totalk.

我本來以爲會這樣沒錯......但是這些採訪都沒有那麼正式,而且她們事實上似乎都很願意談話。

And I don't think using the phone meant I got less rich data rather the opposite in fact.

我覺得用電話採訪並不意味着我收集到的資料就沒有那麼多,實際上正好相反。

Interesting. And you were looking at how performers dress for concert performances?

有意思。你還研究了演奏家在音樂會上演出時的穿着?

That's right. My research investigated the way players see their role as a musician

沒錯,我研究調查了演奏者將她們自己定位成音樂家的方式,

and how this is linked to the type of clothing they decide to wear.

以及這和她們決定穿哪種服裝有什麼聯繫。

But that focus didn't emerge immediately.

但我並不是馬上就想到了這一點。

When I started I was more interested in trying to investigate the impact of what was worn onthose listening,

在研究最開始的時候,我對試着調查聽衆對她們穿的衣服的效果更加感興趣,

and also whether someone like a violinist might adopt a different style of clothing from saysomeone playing the flute or the trumpet.

以及比如一位小提琴家是否會穿得跟長笛或者喇叭演奏者不同。

It's interesting that the choice of dress is up to the individual, isn't it?

每個人都有權選擇他們的服裝這件事還蠻有意思的,對吧?

Yes, you'd expect there to be rules about it in orchestras, but that's quite rare.

是的,我們原本以爲管絃樂隊對服裝會有規定,但是這一現象非常少。

  劍橋雅思英語聽力篇2

OK, that was something about the collections, and now here's some more practical information,in case you need it.

上面說的都是關於藏品的一些信息,現在以防你們需要,我再說一些更實用的。

Most of the museum facilities are downstairs, in the basement, so you go down the stairs here.

博物館的大部分設施都在樓下地下室裏,你們可以從這兒下樓。

When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you'll find yourself in a sitting area,

當你們走到樓梯盡頭時,會發現自己置身於一個休息區域,

with comfortable chairs and sofas where you can have a rest before continuing yourexploration of the museum.

那裏有舒服的椅子和沙發,你們繼續探索博物館之前可以在那兒休息一會兒

We have a very good restaurant, which serves excellent food all day, in a relaxing atmosphere.

我們這兒有個很好的餐館,全天供應美味食物,氣氛非常放鬆。

To reach it when you get to the bottom of the stairs, go straight ahead to the far side of thesitting area,

要去餐館的話,請在到達樓梯盡頭後,朝着休息區域反面直走,

then turn right into the corridor. You'll see the door of the restaurant facing you.

然後右轉進走廊,餐館的大門就在你們面前。

If you just want a snack, or if you'd like to eat somewhere with facilities for children, we alsohave a cafe.

如果你們只是想吃點零食,或者想去有供孩子玩樂的設施的地方吃飯,我們還有一個咖啡廳。

When you reach the bottom of the stairs you'll need to go straight ahead turn right into thecorridor and the cafe is immediately on the right.

去那兒的話只要走到樓梯盡頭,然後直走,右轉進入走廊,咖啡廳就在你們右手邊。

And talking about children, there are baby-changing facilities downstairs:

說到孩子,樓下有可以給孩子換尿布的地方:

cross the sitting area continue straight ahead along the corridor on the left

穿過休息區域後繼續沿着左邊的走廊直走,

and you and your baby will find the facilities on the left-hand side.

你們和孩子在左邊就能看見那些設施。

The cloakroom, where you should leave coats, umbrellas and any larger bags, is on the lefthand side of the sitting area.

衣帽間,就是你們要把外套、雨傘和所有大包寄存的地方,在休息區域的左邊。

It's through the last door before you come to the corridor.

它在到達走廊之前的最後一道門後面。

There are toilets on every floor, but in the basement they're the first rooms on the left whenyou get down there.

每一層都有衛生間,不過地下室的衛生間在下樓梯之後左邊的第一間房。

OK, now if you've got anything to leave in the cloakroom, please do that now, and then we'llstart our tour.

好了,如果你們有什麼需要放在衣帽間的,請現在去放,然後我們就要開始參觀了。

  劍橋雅思英語聽力篇3

Good morning, and welcome to the museum — one with a remarkable range of exhibits,which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

上午好,歡迎來到博物館。我們博物館展品豐富,相信你們一定會享受這次參觀的。

My name's Greg, and I'll tell you about the various collections as we go round.

我叫Greg,在參觀的過程中我會給你們講解不同的藏品。

But before we go, let me just give you a taste of what we have here.

不過在出發之前,我先簡短地給你們介紹一下我們的藏品。

Well, for one thing, we have a fine collection of twentieth and twenty-first century paintings,many by very well-known artists.

首先,我們收藏了一批很棒的二十世紀和二十一世紀的畫作,很多都是出自名家之手。

I'm sure you'll recognise several of the paintings.

我相信你們會認出其中幾幅的。

This is the gallery that attracts the largest number of visitors,

這個畫廊吸引的參觀者人數最多,

so it's best to go in early in the day, before the crowds arrive.

所以大家最好早一點,趕在大批人羣到來之前進去,

Then there are the nineteenth-century paintings.

然後,我們還有十九世紀的畫作。

The museum was opened in the middle of that century,

博物館是在十九世紀中期建成的,

and several of the artists each donated one work — to get the museum started, as it were.

好像爲了籌建這座博物館,幾位畫家每人捐贈了一幅作品。

So they're of special interest to us — we feel closer to them than to other works.

所以這些畫作對我們來說有着特殊的意義,我們對它們比對其他作品感覺更加親近。

The sculpture gallery has a number of fine exhibits, but I'm afraid it's currently closed forrefurbishment.

雕塑展廳有很多不錯的展品,但是恐怕目前正在閉廳裝修。

You'll need to come back next year to see it properly,

你們需要明年再過來才能好好地參觀,

but a number of the sculptures have been moved to other parts of the museum.

不過那裏的許多雕塑都已經被挪到了博物館的其他區域。

' Around the world ' is a temporary exhibition — you've probably seen something about it onTV or in the newspapers.

Around the world是一個短期的展覽,你們也許已經在電視上或者報紙上看到過相關的信息了。

It's created a great deal of interest, because it presents objects from every continent and manycountries,

很多人對這個展覽都很感興趣,因爲它展示的是來自各個大洲很多國家的物品,

and provides information about their social context- why they were made, who for, and so on.

並且介紹了這些物品的社會背景信息,比如它們被製造出來的原因,服務的對象等等。

Then there's the collection of coins.

接下來是我們的硬幣收藏。

This is what you might call a focused, specialist collection,

你們也許會稱它爲一種專精的收藏,

because all the coins come from this country, and were produced between two thousand and athousand years ago.

因爲所有的硬幣都來自這個國家,而且都是在2000-1000年前製作的。

And many of them were discovered by ordinary people digging heir gardens and donated to themuseum!

它們中很多都是普通人在花園鋤地的時候發現的,隨後這些人就把硬幣捐給了博物館。

All our porcelain and glass was left to the museum by its founder when he died in 1878.

博物館裏所有的瓷器和玻璃製品都是其創始人在1878年去世的時候留下的。

And in the terms of his will, we're not allowed to add anything to that collection:

根據他的遺願,我們不能在這批收藏中增加任何藏品,

he believed it was perfect in itself, and we don't see any reason to disagree!

因爲他認爲這批收藏本身已經是完美的了,我們對此也十分贊同。