當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 雙語新聞 > 人的一生有具體多長時間 要消耗多少東西

人的一生有具體多長時間 要消耗多少東西

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.46K 次

ing-bottom: 66.57%;">人的一生有具體多長時間 要消耗多少東西

We spend an awful lot of time doing some pretty boring stuff. And it all adds up.

我們花了大量的時間去做一些很無聊的事情,而這一切加起來花掉了我們大量的時間。

A minute spent brushing your teeth comes to 21 days over the course of a lifetime.

每天如果刷牙花掉一分鐘的話,我們一生中要花費21天的時間來做這件事情。

BODY

身體

The heart beats 3.45 billion times over the course of a lifetime. The heart pumps around one million barrels of blood in that time.

人一生心跳34.5億次。心臟泵的血大約有一百萬桶。

We breathe 265 million litres of air during our lives.

我們一輩子要呼吸2.65億升的空氣。

We blink 512.5 million times, hiccup 100,000 times and sneeze 72,488 times.

眨眼睛5120.5次,打嗝100,000次,打噴嚏72488次。

We sweat 74,000 gallons of perspiration. That’s enough to fill 1,480 bath tubs.

我們出汗的總量是74,000加侖(1加侖=3.785 412升 )。足夠填滿1480個浴盆。

If you sleep for eight hours a night, you’ll spend 27 years and four months of your life asleep. We suffer from seven years of insomnia.

如果你每晚睡8個小時,你會花27年和四個月的時間睡覺。忍受7年時間的失眠。

TRAVEL

旅行

In a lifetime, we take 218 million steps — the equivalent of 113,000 miles. That’s more than four times around the world.

人這一生要走兩億多步,相當於113,000英里。可以繞世界四圈。

Back on the ground, we spend 653 hours of our lives standing on platforms, waiting for trains. In that time the average reader, at a speed of 200 words per minute, could finish 98 books.

回到地面上,我們花653個小時站在月臺上等待火車。對普通讀者來講,以每分鐘200字的速度,可以完成98本書。

FOOD AND DRINK

食品與飲品

We have to eat the food — that takes 3.66 years, which is about 67 minutes a day.

我們要花3.66年的時間去吃掉食物,每天大概花費的時間是67分鐘。

The total amount of food that we eat in a lifetime is around 35 tons. That’s equivalent to seven fully-grown elephants.

我們一生要吃掉35噸食物。這個量相當於7頭成年大象的重量。

In a lifetime, we drink 14,600 gallons of water.

我們還要喝掉146000加侖的水。

CLOTHES

衣服

At any one time, women own 16 bras and will buy 280 in total.

在一個時間點,女人都會擁有16個胸罩,總共會購買280個。

The average man wears 192 pairs of shoes and 46 suits in their life.

一般男性一生中會穿192雙鞋,46套衣服。

GROOMING

個人保養

Women spend 722 days, or nearly two years, putting on their make-up and 700 days doing their hair.

女人花722天,或近2年的時間化妝,花700天的時間做髮型。

Women get through six pounds of lipstick in a lifetime. The most popular colour is ‘caramel nude’.

女性一生中要用六磅的口紅。最流行的顏色是“焦糖裸色”。

We use 4,239 rolls of lavatory paper in our lives.

在我們一生中我們要使用4239卷廁紙。

They also spend 17 years trying to bring their weight down — using 16 different diets.

他們還花17年的時間試圖降低體重——使用16種不同的節食方案

However, men spend 3,000 hours shaving. That takes 25,923 disposable razors and 471 tins of shaving foam.

然而,男性剃鬚花掉3000小時。這需要25923個一次性剃鬚刀和471罐剃鬚泡沫。

LEISURE TIME

休閒時間

We waste six months queuing and 20 weeks on hold on the telephone.

我們浪費掉六個月的時間排隊,20個禮拜的時間在煲電話粥。

The average person checks their phone 85 times every day.

一般人每天要看手機85次。

We laugh out loud 290,000 times in our lives. But we laugh much less than we used to — in the Fifties, we laughed three times as much. Toddlers laugh around 300 times a day; adults only around 20 times.

在我們一生中,我們大聲歡笑290000次。但是我們笑的時間比過去少得多——在五十年代,我們笑的時間是現在的三倍。幼兒每天笑300次,成人只有大約20次。