當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 中國寓言故事雙語版 第38期:宋人獻玉

中國寓言故事雙語版 第38期:宋人獻玉

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.11W 次

padding-bottom: 60%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第38期:宋人獻玉

There was a man of the State of Song who liked to curry favour with others.

宋國有一個人,喜歡奉承別人。

One day, he got a piece of uncarved jade and went to present it to Zi Han, a minister of the State of Song,

有一天,他得到了一塊未經雕琢的玉石,便去獻給宋國大臣子罕,

with the intention to ingratiate himself with the official.

想討好一番。

Zi Han adamantly refused to accept it.

子罕執意不受。

Thereupon, this man said in honeyed words:"This is a piece of rare jade.

於是,那人便花言巧語地說:“這是一塊珍奇的玉石啊!

I regard it as a treasure suitable for a gentleman's utensil.

我把它當做寶貝,適宜於做君子的器皿。

If it gets into the hands of an old gentleman like you, to be worn by you or put on your dining table, that would be most suitable and fitting.

要是落在老先生你的手中,掛在你的身上,放在你的餐桌上,是最相稱、最適合的。

I am an unrefined man, not deserving such a valuable treasure."

我是一個粗人,不配使用這種貴重的寶物。”

"You may regard this piece of jade as a treasure," said Zi Han, "

子罕回答說:“你把這塊玉石當做寶貝,

but I do not accept other's fawning, nor do I regard this kind of conduct a treasure."

我卻不接受別人巴結奉承,並且不把這種行爲當做寶貝。”

The man of Song felt he had asked for a snub and sneaked away.

那個宋國人自討沒趣,溜了。