當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第177期:To Break the Ice 打破僵局

一分鐘英語 第177期:To Break the Ice 打破僵局

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.87W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Ice is frozen water.

冰是凝固的水。

But what does it mean if you break it? To Break the Ice

但是如果你把它打碎是什麼意思呢?打破僵局

Should you fix broken ice?

你應該把碎冰修復嗎?

Hey, I saw you at my party last night. But you didn't stay very long.

嘿,我昨天晚上在聚會上看到你了。但是你沒有待太久。

I knew no one. And I didn't have the energy to break the ice with a bunch of new people.

我誰都不認識。而且我也沒有精力去打破跟一羣陌生人的僵局。

Asking questions is a good icebreaker.

問問題是打破僵局的好辦法。

True. But even if I broke the ice, I didn't have the energy to listen.

確實。不過即使我打破了僵局,我也沒有精力去聽。

padding-bottom: 63.41%;">一分鐘英語 第177期:To Break the Ice 打破僵局

"To break the ice" means to start a conversation with someone you don't really know.

“To break the ice”是指跟陌生人開始一段對話。

In the winter, ships can get stuck in ice.

冬季船隻會被困在冰裏。

Smaller ships break the ice to open up passageways.

小船能夠打破冰層,開啓通道。

People can open conversations in the same way.

人們也能以同樣的方式開啓對話。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!